DIY alignment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Macweb3000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2 V8
Hi all I'm new to the site but I've been working one 2000 dodge ram 1500 ever since I started driving it which is my first vehicle. I am quite young I'm only 20 but I know my way around the engine. I'm always looking to save money because we all know how trucks are when we get our paychecks. Well right now I'm trying to save money and earn a little extra by learning to do tire alignments. I've got my eyes on some tools but I wanted to ask around for some experience and wisdom before I get hands on with my truck or anyone else's car. I know the basics but what I'm really needing help on is if I help a friend who has a car with after market wheels or tires and or he's lowered it or raised his vehicle what should I do or is there a rule of thumb for altering the original specs to fit the new set up. Any advice would be of use. Thank you all.

GO DODGE!!!

SJC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You can't do an alignment(correctly) without a machine. The tolerances can't be made with a tape measure and an eye ball. You can get close but close will still wear out tires in no time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jems007