I'm thinking about installing some front struts on my '00 Dodge Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnnyd41

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum V8
I just paid about $45 in front struts for my 2000 Dodge Ram through apx auto parts. They seem legit. Here's a link. Buy affordable 344372, 32277,81928, Sensen shocks struts 1214-0185, 1214-0185 What do you think?
I don't have any complaints yet. I normally take the truck to the shop and be done with it. I'm not much of a diyer but this time I think I may just try it out. The folks at apx auto parts said they have videos on youtube to help people install the struts. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpfiHEHPr64 What do you think of the video?

NightMares

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Technically they're "shocks" struts have a coil spring that's secured to the strut assembly to support the weight of the vehicle, shocks are separate from coils/leaf springs and are there to dampen the suspension only.

If they're hydraulic shocks then it will be a very simple install. I've done them with the tires still on the ground before. If they're gas shocks they'll fight you. You'll want to let the suspension full droop with the tires and wheels off the truck. Or find a way to compress the shocks once they're in to get the top mount secured down.

It's easiest to work top to bottom for removal, then bottom to top for installation. If you go backwards with the reinstallation you'll find yourself in a position of trying to secure the lower end while working your hands inside the coil spring.

calebmatthews

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Your post caught my attention johnnyd41. Have you experienced any problems or issues with your shocks post-installation? Help me out here man. Is this a reputable merchant or not?