Well you son of a....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Muddinginamopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Married couple...

Anyways, I gone done ****** myself with this one. Went to put u joints on my front driveshaft while it was out of the truck, and didn't realize there was some kind of centering ball joint in the middle of the double cardan joint... Anyone know how to replace this pain in the ass?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387775072.738599.jpg

mumbles84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
You tube time i did mine but do remeber must have been easy

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
Finding another used one is just a waste it could be in worse shape than what you had. All you need is a rebuild kit for it and most auto parts stores can get one for you.

Needle Bearing for Ball & Socket (Precision #617 for 96 Ram 1500 4x4)

Okiespaniel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum, 5.9
It has to be pulled out and replaced with a special puller. I had a drive shaft job do mine.

If not, you can buy the casting with a new bearing in place at a reasonable price. Make sure your stud is not worn either. It has to be .500 plus or minus a couple thousandths.

OP
OP
Muddinginamopar

Muddinginamopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That makes my life easy man. I'll definitely be fixing it tomorrow. All of the u joints up front were seized solid. Like, I couldn't even move them with a hammer. lol. I'm gonna finish it all up tomorrow hopefully