3" Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimmy68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L Magnum
Quick question.
If I lift the rear of my truck 3" and tilt the pinion up 2 degrees at the same time, I shouldn't have any driveshaft issues. Right?
3" isn't much.

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
Pinion angle is not an issue until you get to around 7 inchs lift. so you're all good.

OP
OP
Jimmy68

Jimmy68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L Magnum
Cool.
So the 2 deg I already built in will be fine. I'm removing the 3" factory block and replacing with a 6" block.
Also thinking of incorporating a traction bar. Sort of along these lines. I like the dual bar and the shackle mount and if I mount it to my block it should work tickity boo.
Control spring wrap and wheel hop.

I'll be cutting my shock mounts off and rewelding them higher on the diff so I can keep stock shocks.

Attachments

• traction6.jpg
    traction6.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 37
  • wrap bar.jpg
    wrap bar.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
So was doing some bench racing last night. How about removing the rear spring hanger and using a half leaf for the top, tie the two rear eyes together with a shackle still. Was not to sure if a watts link would work or needed or not. Just some food for thought.

The travel outta this would be huge, very ruff image.

Attachments

• half sprimngs.jpg
    half sprimngs.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
OP
OP
Jimmy68

Jimmy68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L Magnum
I'm picking up what your laying down. But this truck isn't going to need that much wheel travel.
1/4 elliptical would be nice but not needed.

Plus I have air bags and I do not want to modify to keep them. Easy enough to do but I don't wanna.

Probably don't need torque arms either. But the occasional pulling or muddy roads, I just don't want spring wrap.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990