Support arm problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

charnie63

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2000 ram 1500 off road edition with 275/70/17 on it. my wife borrowed my truck at Christmas time and went and had 315/70/17 put on it as a gift. The tires look great, but when I turn the truck to far they rub on the upper support arms. I don't want to get new tires. Is there anything I can do??? Offset support arms? cut a notch in them and weld a reinforcement bar in the other side? I have no clue.

MagSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Don't alter the control arms. Instead add wheel spacers or new rims with appropriate offset. Adding a lift may also give you the necessary clearance. But please god don't alter those control arms lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
Welcome to RF

New rims with a diff backspace would be one opt, and I think Dodge off road makes short offset/bent control arm's. Going up will not solve this problem.

rammanriley20

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Mag
3/4 inch or maybe 1 inch wheel spacers would probably be your cheapest option. width of the spacers depends on how much more clearance you need.

OP
OP
C

charnie63

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wheel spacers

It looks like I do not need more than an inch. The only thing I worry about is the extra strain it will put on the wheel bearings. I don't think that would do much, but damn this truck is Temperamental.