New tails, wrong bulb sockets?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05crewi5

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys, new here, but not to forums. I bought my brother some New tail lights for his birthday and they fit perfectly. They were sent with a harness that replaces the plastic module that holds the bulbs to the stock tails. That's fine, but the harness is a different socket bulb than what's stock. I hope this made sense. Please help me figure out what bulb I can get to make them work! I'll post picks soon.

Thanks.

Pics uploaded. The harness shown is the new harness with the round style bulb. Currently, the stock bulbs are the "fuse"style bulb. If you know what I mean.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 69

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
What year truck does he have?

You mean a base like this?

lrs-3157bpr_7992.jpg

crazy_luck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The old (factory) lamps were wedge base and looks like the new harness uses a bayonet base.

What are the numbers on the wedge base lamps? You can use that number to search for the bayonet style counterpart.

OP
OP

05crewi5

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What year truck does he have?

You mean a base like this?

lrs-3157bpr_7992.jpg

Exactly. It's a 2002, and I'll get the numbers from the stock bulb when he gets back in the morning. Thanks for the correct terms on the bulbs too. Lol this is exactly what I needed to know, I was hoping it would be as easy as just matching the bulb types with the different base's

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
You can get 3157's in the other base style I believe.