dash swap.....HELP ME GUYS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbmobbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
ok i know i was going to attempt this a while back but had no reason to.....now i do. the inside of my dash is crumbling and fixing to cave in....the front is cracking, my radio, ac controls, and fog light buttons are starting to fall in.....

so since i have a complete running 99 im fixing to part out its got an un cracked dash. i am fixing to swap it.....

i can swap the ac box, heat box, and ac duct no prob, my only issue is electrical..... so my question is....

COULD I USE MY OLD WIRING AND CLUSTER?????

or would i be able to use the 99 harness????

OP
OP
jbmobbs

jbmobbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
if yall help me ill do a full write up and pics.....lots of pics!!!!! :D

ID LOVE FOR MERC225HP TO CHIME IN LOL

Last edited:

ohiogrown

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 CCSB, 2011 ccsb, 2012 5500, 2016 5500, 2017 ccsb wxpress
Engine
4.7, 4.7, 6.7, 6.7, 5.7
The harness will stay in the truck when you remove the dash, there should be no reason to swap It. You'll want to use all You original cluster, switches and hvac controls. There's so little difference trying to upgrade by a few years would be a needless expense of time and energy. Use the center dash and plastics from the donor truck and all your controls.

Also, swapping out the heater core and evaporator (assuming you a/c works) for new ones while you're in there would be a smart move.

OP
OP
jbmobbs

jbmobbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
The harness will stay in the truck when you remove the dash, there should be no reason to swap It. You'll want to use all You original cluster, switches and hvac controls. There's so little difference trying to upgrade by a few years would be a needless expense of time and energy. Use the center dash and plastics from the donor truck and all your controls.

Also, swapping out the heater core and evaporator (assuming you a/c works) for new ones while you're in there would be a smart move.

the heater core and ac evap is new in the 99 truck. i know ill have to swap all of the heat/ ac duct thats fine but the 99 ac controls will have to be swapped in cause the shape is different.

would my gauges bolt in place of the 99 gauges tho???

im just trying to do as much research and ask all questions i can before i start this

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
if yall help me ill do a full write up and pics.....lots of pics!!!!! :D

ID LOVE FOR MERC225HP TO CHIME IN LOL

I can chime in but I am of no help at all for what you are up to.

OP
OP
jbmobbs

jbmobbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
Some how can I help?
Well is there a way to wire the 99 gauges into the 96 harness .....and my 96 heat to ac controls are manual. The 99 controls are electric.....Any way to make it work? I really do not want a chopped up harness tho