Door panels and speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whitedodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
Left door speaker finally went out(A little surprised to see it still had factory speakers) Popped off the panel and took out the speaker. When I tried to pop the door panel back on, it didn't wanna pop back on. Where the yellow inserts go on the panel, there are grooves that go left,right, up and down, so I figured I can't just slide the panel back on. I took off one of the yellow inserts and tried to push it on, but the diameter of hole on the door panel is too small to do that, which explains why I couldn't pop it on... So I took out all of them and slid them on the door panel.
1.Is there a way to get the door panel on without taking out all of the inserts and sliding them on?
2.What are decent replacement speakers?

Attachments

• IMG_6001[1].jpg
    IMG_6001[1].jpg
    35 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_5995[1].jpg
    IMG_5995[1].jpg
    94 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_6005[1].jpg
    IMG_6005[1].jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 78

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Question 1: Not that I found, gotta remove em and reinstall.
Question 2: Blackmagnum and a couple other guys actually really like the cheapish Pioneer speakers from Walmart.

DodgeTx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins, 5.2l v8
When I was younger I used to go with the Sony 4 ways from walmart for $55 a set.
Werent anything special but loud enough for my subs.

headhunter123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 V8
I'm running all Rockford. 6x9 doors and 5 1/4 rear walls.
The pins, the pointy end goes into the door while the two circles slide on the door panel side. Referencing on the picture, just have the pointy tip face outward.
Is that what you were asking?

OP
OP
whitedodge

whitedodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
Naw. dodge dude 94 answered my question. I was just asking if I there was another way to put the panel on other than taking out all the yellow deals.
Looked at some reviews on the Rockfords and they look pretty good.