Look at what just showed up!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looking forward to hear how the install goes and your thoughts about the shop.

talon6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 QCSB 4X4
Engine
supercharged 5.9
yep, be sure to let me know what you think. probably gonna be my next mod.

wonder why it is taking the shop more than a day?

OP
OP
D

dodge15004x45.9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 common rail
Now since I have slept some of it off I'll explain.

When I got the truck back I put my foot on the break put it in R and it really kicks into R like pulls really hard. I'm not sure if it gear related or not since there was always a little pull going into gear but now its just hard. The locker might be causeing this as well.

Pull out of there shop they put about 40 miles, going down the road holding up traffic behind me as I go but hey I'm under 45 and the speed limit is 45 lol. After about 20 min of driving I'm going down a hill so I let of the gas. I'm doing about 40 at this point. It sounded like a bottle rocket was under my dam truck. From 30-35ish the sound starts and it just keeps going and going. I only took it up to 50 and let off and it made me sick when I heared the sound.

Call dad tell him its gotta go back to the shop. He gets all pissed (we have been swapping out cars for the last few days sister just got a new one and it needed some dealer work) so we turn around. Get back to the shop I have him hop in he car so he can hear it. Sure enough he hears what I'm hearing. Pull down the drive the owner comes out of the shop and says what wrong and I'm like theres a whine. I'm not sure which diff its coming from but its there.

They got get there little temp thing out take both diff temps he says there well with in range the topped off the power steering fluid thinking that might be it. Than the big boss take it around the block a few more time. Mean while me and my dad are there taking to the guy who did the install and he's says there all right to spec. He also did some of the break in as well. " There was only a hint of whine coming from some where when I drove it"!!! Said the guy who did the install and break in.

Boss comes back and says yea I can hear it but he says there to spec. Just drive it and if it gets worse or if something happens come back and will fix it.

He also said that I need new front axle u joints so that might be causing the issue. Since I did such a large gear raito change, the boss said The sound I'm hearing could have been doing it at 70 before the change but now its doing it at 35. The only reason I never heard it before would be cause of noise form the exhaust and other moving parts ect.

Oh and sine my factory lsd was in such ****ty condition in my rear diff it costed more money than I had planned. Instead of being 625 it was 730.98. There was **** tons of metal shaving in my alxe bearing so they replaced them and the seals.

If they can't get it right I'll ask for the money back on the 9.25 and go somewhere else.

And thats about how the night ended.

talon6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 QCSB 4X4
Engine
supercharged 5.9
thats to bad. sounds like they f'd up.

try to look on the bright side. everyone messes up sometimes. if it doesnt get better, give them a chance to make it right.

gonna get my 4.56's this coming weekend.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dodge15004x45.9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 common rail
Yea there going to get there chance to make it right. Only thing I'm worryed about is im chewing something to ******* hell!

2300 bucks wasn't easy for cough up.

OP
OP
D

dodge15004x45.9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 common rail
BREAKING NEWS ON THE BAD INSTALL FRONT.

When down to my buds house and did all the drive shaft u joints. We where talking the rear shaft off and you could move the rear pinion about 1" in either direction. The front diff is leaking gear oil as well. I still have a whine after spending 100 in new drive shaft u joints and now it clicking its totaly trashed. Both dodgeboy7 and pcfixerpro saw the play and could hear everything listed above.

Now it leads me to this I'm going to call the gear shop and try to remain calm and explain them what is happing and ask for a full refund. I don't want them touching my ****ing **** anymore. Plain and simple. If they do not give me a refund and I can desputie the charge on the card I'll see them in court. Don't want to go there but I will if I have to. 730.98 is a lot to be out at the age of 19.

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
Man sounds like your f'd in the a . That sucks

talon6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 QCSB 4X4
Engine
supercharged 5.9
well,that sucks. i hope you get your money back. but i bet they fight you on it. like you said though, try to be cool at first.

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did they at least give you a kiss when they said that?

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Wow, yeah all they are thinking is heres a kid we can jerk around. I would travel up there and try talking to one of the owners or atleast a manager.

cwboyjohnny24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
From everything I know is that if a shop replaces your gears and they do it right. You will hear NOTHING!!!! That manager and the mechanic knows they f'd something up. The bad part is now that you may have damaged gears and will have to be replaced. That shop owes you money and probably new gears. That's just my humble opinion on the matter. Sorry to hear that bud.

Bad Habit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Modded 4.7l
yeah you got took man...sorry to hear hope all goes well in the end...but i have no odd noise coming from my rear even though i have a lil gear noise which is supposedly normal because they are larger its nothing thats gonna hurt my gears so i have been told and motives are louder than others i hear....