At home full transmission flush

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

acoffeefiend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I just got my gears changed at a little one-man differential shop Paul Camper ,"The Differential Man" in Colorado Springs. He said he'd help me change my transmission fluid, but I had to come in and help as he needed me inn the truck to rev the engine and put it through gears.

Attached is the pic of the home built pump he made. It's a propane bottle with a few fittings. You should be able to re-create it off the pic. He said he was creating a YouTube channel and I'll post a link if he ever gets the video made.

Once you get the new pan on (I went with PPE: 2 more quarts so runs cooler, stronger than plastic OEM, not as big as other aftermarket, uses the oem rubber gasket) then just pressurize the tank and hook it up to the fill plug port. Disconnect the 2 transmission coolant hoses and re-connect to the drain hoses (attached pic) and drop the end in a 5 gal bucket. Fill the transmission as much as you can until a little starts to drip out, then jam the filler tube in the fill port so it doesn't leak (he taped up the end with electrical tape and used a wedge to keep it secure) then start the engine and run through the gears in the normal procedure with one caveate: instead of 5 sec in drive. When the fluid starts running clear out of the coolant line, you have 100% new transmission fluid. Turn it off, reconnect the coolant lines, undo the fill line and let it drain to it's proper level.20231223_130407.jpg20231223_130414.jpg20231223_130401.jpg20231227_071535.jpgIMG_3383 (2).JPG.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357