20 Amp Hazard/Flasher Fuse Blowing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

r1long

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
6 Cylinder
I own 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 V6. Driving down the highway and the left/right turn signals stopped working. Moved the switch on the steering column and nothing happened. I found the 20 Amp Hazard Flasher fuse was blown(the one under the hood in the power distribution center). I replaced the fuse and got 3 or 4 blinks from the turn signal and it stopped working again. I found the new fuse is now blown. Is something causing excessive current draw? Possible bad relay somewhere? Any assistance is appreciated.

KarL45

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram Express quad cab 4x4
Engine
5.7 MDS
Would about guarantee that it's not a relay or flasher. A thought, start by engaging the left t/s. If the fuse blows, replace the fuse and then try the right signal. If it blows then as well, I may lean toward something in the t/s switch. If it doesn't, try an examination of the front t/s on the side it blows the fuse and also, remove the bulb. Does it still blow? If so, reinstall the bulb and do the same with the rear lamp assy on the same side.. this should give you a good starting point if that doesn't locate the problem.

DodgeTx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins, 5.2l v8
May be a ground issue.
have you messed with any of the wiring in your truck as of late?
Changed any bulbs?
wired in trailer hitch light?

edit: old thread tired not paying attention