Starting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RobS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9
Just a minor thing, when i got to start my truck, I have to turn it over about 2 secs, let off, turn over again it fires right up...I'm kind of thinking i need a hotter ignition...what do you all think?

when warm, it usually fires on the first shot...

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Injectors could be leaking down and having to reprime.

ktm1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L 318ci Magnum
Just a minor thing, when i got to start my truck, I have to turn it over about 2 secs, let off, turn over again it fires right up...I'm kind of thinking i need a hotter ignition...what do you all think?

when warm, it usually fires on the first shot...
Have you figured this out yet? I have the same problem with my 99 5.2. I have a new fuel pump, and still have the problem. Im gonna replace the fuel pressure regulator next and that should do it. But if you havent figured yours out yet, id try either a fuel pump or regulator.

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
I agree either pump or regulator. See if you can get someone to test the psi of the fuel line. Prime it and then let it sit with the gauge on the line. If the psi drops regulator if psi doesn't build fast enough pump or possible hole in the line.

ktm1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L 318ci Magnum
I agree either pump or regulator. See if you can get someone to test the psi of the fuel line. Prime it and then let it sit with the gauge on the line. If the psi drops regulator if psi doesn't build fast enough pump or possible hole in the line.
Mines got the regulator problem, I'm almost positive. With the key on, engine off, pressure jumps up to 50ish, then bleeds down to 0psi eventually. As its runnin, pressure is consistent at around 48psi or so..