Vaccum leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramthis9501

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 V8
Ok like in on of my other threads, I said I was going to get the cat removed because it seemed to be clogged. I took it to the muffler shop today and he did a back pressure test on it. It's like new. My problem is that when I start it up, usually when it's cold, it idles kinda rough. We replaced the spark plugs and pcv valve. So now I'm thinking it's a vaccum leak. And I can hear it pretty good to. Where would it leak that would cause that? I've already checked the one going to the cruise control module under the battery box. Any ideas?

2000ramhawaii

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.9 v6
if you use a propane tank, (no flame) with the motor running run the gas around the vacum lines, connections etc, if a leak is present, the rpms will increase.

you can also use carb cleaner, which would cause the rpms to decrease.

txbass06

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Check the gasket between the air filter housing and the TB. A lot of people overlook that or just don't know there is one. Mine started leaking right after I got the truck once I pulled the intake off to change the air filter.
If you need one, they're fairly cheap and any parts store would have one. I've got one or two lying around here if you do need it

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ramthis9501

ramthis9501

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 V8
I did put one on when I put on my CAI. But it's kind of junk. I'll be sending you a pm