Block Heater on 2009 6.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slim328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Little late in the winter and never thought it had one but just read that my may have block heater installed but no cord? Can any one give me more information on this??

CDN Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie
Engine
6.7L CTD
What type of info are you looking for?

If its has a cord it should be located in the front passengers side of the lower bumper hidden away where the tow hook is, at least thats where mine is. If no cord you can buy a replacement for it at any automotive store. Did you buy the truck new or used? Normally the dealers or shops don't install a block heater without a cord. So if you bought new I would be very supprised to find out someone installed a block heater without a cord, but if you bought used you never know what the previous owner did or why.:hmm:

This should be the approx location of your block heater on the 2009

Attachments

• HeaterPlug.jpg
    HeaterPlug.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 13,457
Last edited:

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
All Cummins are built with block heater elements
Many dont come with a cord

The cord on 3rd gens will be on the left side of the radiator/intercooler. Open your hood and look near the core support on the passenger side

If you dont see it the block heater is in the side of the block near the oil filter

OP
OP
S

Slim328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes I bought the truck used in 2011 but never knew it had the block heater.. Just thought it used the grid heater in the intake..