Anyone using Spotless Water Systems filters?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAMblin1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is anyone using any water filters on their garden hoses? I recently lifted my Ram so the carwash is out due to height and tire width. I have well water that is absolutely disgusting with iron, my house has a filter system but that doesn't do anything for outside spigots. Just wondering what other people use since I'm OCD about keeping my vehicles clean. I already bought a ton of Adam's products but they are somewhat pointless if my water is disgusting. Thanks!

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
When we had our house built I had the plumber run the hose bib next to the driveway through the house water softener. I keeps the truck from spotting and keeps all the mineral deposits out of the water. You still have to dry the truck in a reasonable amount of time---out of the sun preferably. A cool surface is your friend.
Jay

OP
OP
RAMblin1217

RAMblin1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ordered a filter system off Amazon a little bit ago. I'm hoping it works well, although I'm sure I'll be replacing the resin frequently. I bought a ton of Adam's products and one is the H2O guard which you use to dry the car while it's still wet, kinda a weird concept but it adds a paint sealant while you dry. Fortunately until Summer, Indiana is pretty kind weather wise for washing, and luckily in Summer I have a huge tulip tree that gives a bunch of shade. I wish when I had the filtration system installed in the house I had them do something to run one spigot off of outside.

PS Looks like you're south of Austin but I dated a chick from Round Rock, and one of my best friends lives in College Station and works for A&M's football team. Sorry in advance for mentioning the Ags if you're a Horns fan haha.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Round Rock is a little north of Austin, and I have no idea of where A&M might be???? College Station--what's that????? :naughty::naughty:
Hopefully those Adam's Products work for you. I've never had any experience with any of their stuff.
Jay

Rustycowl69

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 ram 3500
Engine
V10
I have a well, too. My well water has excess iron and manganese, nothing unhealthful, but more an aesthetic problem. If not for the filter, the fixtures would be staining, and white clothes would look dingey. I installed a filter in the well house, but in the house where it enters could have been a good choice, too. My filter was purchased from Custom Pure in Shoreline, WA. It has a fiberglass tank, which is about 3 to 4 feet tall. I think it looks like an acetylene tank. It is filled with KDF filter media, which kinda looks like Folger coffee crystals, but way, way more dense. The tank has a composite head with a programmable timer and valving. You set the filter cycles for how long and when they occur. The filter works for a period of time you choose, then back flushes itself for another period of time you choose, then expels the contaminants. So it is a self cleaning filter. No muss, no fuss. The only thing you have to do, is program the timer, and change the 9V backup battery once a year.

Last edited: