Washing Undercarriage/Bedsides

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

laffs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey everyone, I want to wash all the salt off the bottom and in the bedsides of my truck prior to getting it oil sprayed. I bought it back in Feb during a storm so decided to hold off getting it sprayed until I could clean it up.

Is blasting the underside with water and soap enough to do a decent job or should I get some specific cleaners? Was going to buy some cheap throwaway mitts and brushes to agitate.

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
my toys never see any wet so for me it is a matter of crawling under with a cloth and a bucket of water. I have been known to wax underneath the truck but people I know think that's just plain old nuts. Whatever is my response.

muttmutt

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What is the "oil Spray" you are talking about ?

Forcepro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Most any APC (All Purpose Cleaner) will get the job done.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
mutt, op is from canada and they have krown rust proofing. far as i know, no stores in the us. they spray an oil to the underside which prevents rust. seems they have success with it. wish it was available in jersey.

EWC88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I agree to that hunter, wish we had in jersey....going be hopefully this year to yank my bed off and sand the crap out of frame and paint it so rust is gone...

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They do sell Krown in aerosol cans, not sure if it can be shipped to the US though (can't see why not) or if it would be cost efficient.