Wheel cleaner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ATXHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have black powder coated wheels. I currently use mcquires hot wheel cleaner. It works good but they still get water spots. I use mcquires quick detailer to remove most but there has to be a better option. What do yall use? Thanks In Advance!!

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
David,
Clean them up really well and then put a good sealant on them and then if you want you can top the sealant with wax. I use the same stuff on the wheels as I do on the paint.
Jay

xtr3me

Reaction score
Ram Year
08 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would recommend having them clear coated. If already clear coated, use a polish to remove stubborn stains. Important....if they are not clear coated, do not use a polish as it may be to abrasive. You can use a cleaner wax for removing water stains w/o scratching, otherwise try vinegar and water or Invisible glass cleaner, it has a very small amount of acetone in its dna which works wonders on cleaning chrome

Regardless of whether they are clear coated or not, follow PullYa's advice... even more so if not coated since powder coated wheels stain easily, especially black