2016 Wierd Horn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Getsome

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Hey all, I just got 2016 Crew Cab Sport. Whats with the horn? It seems to have a delay and sometime doesn't repsond to a short beep... Ive had 2 other Ram before 2002 and 2005 and never had this issue. What did they change?

Avgas

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
The steering wheel button/mechanism just sucks, you really have to press firmly in order for it to work. Hard to do without laying on the horn.

crazy_luck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Someone said there is a "soft spot" that has an instant on if you press towards the bottom center of the wheel. Personally, I haven't found it, but there are those that say they have...

Jared4.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Bighorn CC
Engine
Slow response in canbus. Delay in comms between output of horn button to BCM then output from there to PDC under the hood to fire relay and honk the horn.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Shady Hills, Rednecksville Boro, Florida.
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Someone said there is a "soft spot" that has an instant on if you press towards the bottom center of the wheel. Personally, I haven't found it, but there are those that say they have...
Probably the same folk who have flawless paintwork.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

OP
OP
G

Getsome

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Thanks

Thanks for replys guys...im going with the mechanism just sucks theory. Still love my truck even with the ****** horn. Just gonna have to check out after market ones.

clifford15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
There are 4 horn buttons under the air bag. As mentioned it is probably just a delay in CANBUS comms.

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Mega Cab 4x4
Engine
6.7L
This is why I have train horns lol.

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
Thanks for replys guys...im going with the mechanism just sucks theory. Still love my truck even with the ****** horn. Just gonna have to check out after market ones.

Still love it? Just wait until you have it for awhile and look a little closer at it you may change your mind. There is some good news though, the dealer gives you free coffee when you bring it in for the weekly recalls.

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Mega Cab 4x4
Engine
6.7L
Still love it? Just wait until you have it for awhile and look a little closer at it you may change your mind. There is some good news though, the dealer gives you free coffee when you bring it in for the weekly recalls.

You're so negative about your ram, but yet still own one:shrug:

WeTheNorth705

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram Sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
I bought a 2016 and I find there is a delay when I press my horn as well. Atleast I am not the only one.

Kincer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok I thought it was just me with the weird horn then I found this thread and read all the way through which wasn't all that long only to find there is no DIY to fix it lol, oh well at least I learned I'm not the only one, I thought I was pressing the horn button wrong lol.

crazy_luck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok I thought it was just me with the weird horn then I found this thread and read all the way through which wasn't all that long only to find there is no DIY to fix it lol, oh well at least I learned I'm not the only one, I thought I was pressing the horn button wrong lol.

I found my own fix - mounted a big air horn and a stand alone switch in an easy to reach spot on it's own circuit. Push button and instantly scare the crap out of the moron texting at the green light in front of me. :roflsquared: