Opinions on Backup Camera Harness In the Works

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jared4.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Bighorn CC
Engine
I saw in the 100 page 5.0 to 8.4 thread that back in May everyone was getting the codes from their. However, the unlock page is 404'd now and their is another unlock product for $499 to unlock navigation on RA3. Not seeing any $10-$20 products/services on there.
Yea, its not there for some reason. Don't know what's up. Fire off an email to them.

-JT

jackblackjeet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Yea, its not there for some reason. Don't know what's up. Fire off an email to them.

-JT

Already on it, and they just readded the product. Here's hoping that Schram sent me the correct radio and that it's waiting for me at home.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The guy I sold the radio to called his dealer gave them the P/N &S/N of the radio I sold him and they gave him the anti- theft ( that worked ) in less than 30 seconds without even needing my vin # !!

So in short , if you purchase a radio and it's locked and request an anti - theft code , your local dealer can get the required anti-theft code with only the P/N & S/N in 30 seconds over the phone FREE of charge !

Last edited:

NoveskeFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Crew Cab Short Bed Copperhead Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Will there be a harness to add a backup camera to 8.4? I have a Ram Sport that came without the rear camera, would love a simple plug & play harness.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Will there be a harness to add a backup camera to 8.4? I have a Ram Sport that came without the rear camera, would love a simple plug & play harness.
The OEM kit that gives you the ACTIVE GRID LINES that move with the steering wheel , has 4 harnesses , requires 2 splices and the rest is plug n play. @ the radio it plugs into sockets 31,32,33 .
Easy kit to install and works great with your trucks radio , complete kit is about $260.00 and requires a dealer sale code XAC to be flashed in.
You can purchase the kit from your dealer , install yourself to save a few hundred $
Hope this helps !

jackblackjeet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
The OEM kit that gives you the ACTIVE GRID LINES that move with the steering wheel , has 4 harnesses , requires 2 splices and the rest is plug n play. @ the radio it plugs into sockets 31,32,33 .
Easy kit to install and works great with your trucks radio , complete kit is about $260.00 and requires a dealer sale code XAC to be flashed in.
You can purchase the kit from your dealer , install yourself to save a few hundred $
Hope this helps !

Do you remember if any special tools were needed? I have the full complement of sockets, extensions, screwdrivers, slip-joints, etc. Wondering more about the pins, are they easy to get into the radio harness?

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
1)Tiny tiny flat tip screwdriver and a small pick for depopulating the tailgate lock connector ,2) rosin core solder & soldering iron ( or you could use automotive style T spice or regular splices ) I chose solder just because it's a better long term electrical joint .3) heat gun for heat shrink tubing 4) 7 or 8 mm socket 5) T-20 ,25 &30 torques bit (not positive but you'll be covered if you have those 3 sizes ) 6) 10 mm socket to disconnect the NEG lead of the battery . ***** to cut the supplied ty-wraps .
I think that's it , the kit is very complete and the instructions are pretty good . There are a couple of places that some people get confused but it's really a pretty simple kit to install yourself.
I'd say a 4 out of 10 if your a DIY type guy .
I would allow all day for the install , but you'll most likely only need 5 hours or less .
You can have the XAC sales code flashed in before or after the install , if you get it prior to you will get the blue screen when in Reverse .
I'm subscribed to this thread , so if you have Qs during your install post them up here or better yet post them up on cptwings thread in 4th gen audio & electronics or DIY can't remember .
His thread is titled OEM Backup Camera install . It's about 3-4 months old . Very Very important go to Mpgrimm2 post # 10 and read it and it's references good info there !
Hope this helps !

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
40b89c1c5c897c2cf9900a3ee30f507e.jpg

It's in 4th Gen Audio & electronics
Original post date of august 17 2014
Anyway go to post 10 by Mpgrimm2 good info there .
This is a very straight fwd kit to install and easy to do yourself .
If you have issues questions or not post up your install there !
A few guys and myself are subscribed and monitor that thread still to help and answer Qs for people doing the install themselves !
Good Luck !

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Thank you Sir ! I wish I knew how to post a link ...
Click the ³ dot menu for the Thread title on the Tapatalk page that lists you lr subscribed threads. Select share. It will be copied to the clipboard so you can paste it wherever.
Won't look exactly like I posted but it will work (I know how to edit it after pasting to make it purdy).

Sent from my LG G4 on Tapatalk.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Just want to put a feeler out there, but what would you guys be willing to pay for a front parking sensor harness (2014+), front and back (2014+) or back (2013+)?
Just to respond...
I have zero idea of what is involved to add the backup sensors on my 2013.
I believe there is a Mopar kit, but not sure of the differences between it and what you are talking about.

Sent from my LG G4 on Tapatalk.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mopar kit is adhesive pucks that mount to the bumper and don't interface with the vehicle besides power. Our kit will wire into the factory parking assist module that mounts under the steering column, and will have the distance indicators Come up on the cluster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So this will essentially add front parking to my 2013, like the 2015s have it? It comes up in the cluster just like rear parking assist? I would be willing to pay ~$250 for that kit.

OP
OP
C

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Mega Cab 4x4
Engine
6.7L
So this will essentially add front parking to my 2013, like the 2015s have it? It comes up in the cluster just like rear parking assist? I would be willing to pay ~$250 for that kit.

2013 only had rear parking sensors so that's what this would add. I have the prototype on my truck right now and it works exactly like OEM.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Pics of it working on the cluster? This is something I have been wanting! I have a front camera that works pretty well but I have to switch it over, would be nice to have the sensors for quick parking.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is it possible to make it show from the front of the truck? What if your close to something in the front and back?

OP
OP
C

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Mega Cab 4x4
Engine
6.7L
That is disappointing. Maybe dealer can flash it? Or is the cluster completely different for 14+?

It requires a sales code to work. 13's didn't come with front parking sensors, those were introduced in 2014 thus there isn't a sales code in the system for the front.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It requires a sales code to work. 13's didn't come with front parking sensors, those were introduced in 2014 thus there isn't a sales code in the system for the front.

Sooo.. pretty much no chance at all?