Opinions on Backup Camera Harness In the Works

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
2013 only had rear parking sensors so that's what this would add. I have the prototype on my truck right now and it works exactly like OEM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This sounds a lot better than the Mopar option. (Speaker on the pillar).
How did you add the sensors?
Will you be doing the whole kit with harness, module & sensors? (If not, perhaps AllMoparParts can package the rest.)

Sent from my LG G4 on Tapatalk.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Last question ... I think.

What happens if your close to something in the front and back? Like if your parallel parking?

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
I could do either depending on whatever the customer wants. I created a harness to go from the 4 sensors to the factory module that mounts under the steering column. It also runs to a can line under the steering wheel. You also install the switch panel under the radio.

You should start a new thread about this, but...

How did you intake the rear bumper sensors? Replace bumper, drill holes, etc?
What does that switch look like under the radio?

OP
OP
C

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Mega Cab 4x4
Engine
6.7L
You should start a new thread about this, but...

How did you intake the rear bumper sensors? Replace bumper, drill holes, etc?
What does that switch look like under the radio?

I drilled my holes off of measurements I got from a truck with them. The switch replaces the panel that has the traction control and tow/haul buttons and adds the park assist turn off button.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
It would definitely help to see this as an install thread with any pictures, p/n's, etc that are involved so people can judge the install with total cost separate or with the harness.

OP
OP
C

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
I dont have my truck this week until friday so it will have to wait till then. Basically it is an OEM install with my harness instead of using the mopar harness. The plugs for the parking sense module are a quite bit pricy, so this will be an $$$ install. Total im into it with the parking sense module ($80), Multiswitch panel ($100), parking sensors ($48), Harness parts cost ($100). Just as an idea of price, remember that the harness price is JUST PARTS not including my labor to build it or the cost to get it to your door.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So total cost aprox $440 ish shipped ?
That is a bit pricy , but I think it would be worth it , I just bumped another truck squeezing into a parking spot today @ food city
Luckily the driver was still in his vehicle = no damage all is well .

@ Cuyler Tech how long would it take me a first time installer to install this kit start to finish ?

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Mopar kit is adhesive pucks that mount to the bumper and don't interface with the vehicle besides power. Our kit will wire into the factory parking assist module that mounts under the steering column, and will have the distance indicators Come up on the cluster.

Went back and re-read the add-on 2009+ Park Assist install directions...

You're right, it's worse than an aftermarket option and only adds a buzzer/speaker and the adhesive sensors with no actual tie in to the factory data/can bus. Garbage.

Last edited:

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I realize it's a totally different electrical system, but any factory like proximity sensor options out there for the pre 13 4th Gens?

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
I realize it's a totally different electrical system, but any factory like proximity sensor options out there for the pre 13 4th Gens?
Ram has a Park Assist add-on system with adhesive sensors that we were just talking about for 2009+ vehicles. PN: 82211540AB @$450 parts/$770 installed. I have seen some good aftermarket add-on's with front/back sensors that would be better though.

Last edited:

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ram has a Park Assist add-on system with adhesive sensors that we were just talking about for 2009+ vehicles. PN: 82211540AB @$450 parts/$770 installed.

Yeah I seen that. But I think your description of it being garbage is pretty accurate. Was hoping CuylerTech would possibly have/know of something more along the lines of the kit he's come up with for the 13+.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you develop a harness I would be interested. I already have the backup cam and when I checked my truck had the park assist as an optional code so that shouldn't be a problem.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Kit will go on sale starting January 1st.
You talking about front or rear parking sensors?

I have a back up cam , it's great !

I'm interested in the front parking sensors.
Sir , do you have a projected price for front sensor kit ?

I still have the basic cluster and only the RA2 5.0. Would the front sensor have an independent speaker or would it work through the radio ?

Interested ....

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Still curious how it would work when sensing something in the front and rear at same time...

OP
OP
C

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
When you go into reverse or I believe below 5 MPH forward, it turns on the parking sensors. On the evic it comes up with a image of the truck and has little circles on the front and the back that show where you are close etc.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
When you go into reverse or I believe below 5 MPH forward, it turns on the parking sensors. On the evic it comes up with a image of the truck and has little circles on the front and the back that show where you are close etc.

Would this require an upgrade to a premium cluster or will it display with the basic cluster ?

OP
OP
C

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
Would this require an upgrade to a premium cluster or will it display with the basic cluster ?

not sure, only tried with a premium cluster.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I am thinking it would work with the standard 3.5" cluster. The Nav works in the standard cluster as well as the Homelink. I have seen Tradesman trucks with the factory Park Assist that have the standard cluster. I am not sure if it would be as detailed as the Premium cluster but I would be suprised if it didn't work.

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
Last edited:

jackblackjeet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi

Coworker with a '14 Laramie rear ended a car going ~25mph and he said the front park assist chimes went off right before impact but obviously going to fast to do anything about it.