Plasti dipped my tails

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slainte06

Reaction score
Ram Year
RAM REBEL 1500 2016
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Always been a fan of mods that I can remove if I don't like. So plasti dipped the tails and 3rd break light, really like the contrast better against the white.

Cheers

https://youtu.be/9mRTW6dugfk

mbreezy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Definitely curious on how well the light shines through as well.

Galion

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Had a friend plasti-dip his trucks' taillights a few years back, blocked a lot of light and made for a cheap look. VHT Nightshades is a much better product for it (obviously since it's actually made for that application). If you want to be able to remove the tint sometime later then best bet is getting a tint shop to do them with film.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Aren't you afraid if you get rear-ended, you'd be at fault for making them that dark?

OP
OP
Slainte06

Slainte06

Reaction score
Ram Year
RAM REBEL 1500 2016
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey Guys, sorry for late repsonse. I did a very light coat and for now it will do rather than spending $$ on tint and installing, $$ can be used towards an Intake, my next mod. Here is another video right before dusk.
Cheers

https://youtu.be/yR1RNULLGuk

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
A million ***** and u was da fastest? That is awful dim when the brake aint on brother, GL.

pickupman66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
ya Know. ive kinda been a bigger fan o having extremely red and VERY visible tails and brake lights. just makes more sense, yea, tint looks cool but to me, at dusk, they SUCK and are asking for a collision. same goes for those with dark front markers and headlights.

just plain silly. HECK, I upgraded to LED on my boat trailer just so it would glow like the morning sun at night when coming back from the lake at 2 am.

Kytow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ya Know. ive kinda been a bigger fan o having extremely red and VERY visible tails and brake lights. just makes more sense, yea, tint looks cool but to me, at dusk, they SUCK and are asking for a collision. same goes for those with dark front markers and headlights.

just plain silly. HECK, I upgraded to LED on my boat trailer just so it would glow like the morning sun at night when coming back from the lake at 2 am.

I bought aftermarket lights because of this. The housing is dark the lens are clear and all lights are bright LED. See them very well lol don't wanna cause an accident due to blacking them out.

Have seen guys paint them or something, can't see the brake lights in daylight.

Sent from somewhere with confusion.