The dashboard was all cracked up so last fall I pulled a dash out of a truck in the scrap yard. Never got around to using it after finding out how much work it was to pull the dash out.
This was the previous owners bright idea on fixing the dash
I wanted to try a leather wrapped look one the new one so I got some bargain material from Joann fabrics and some weldwood contact cement
After applying the cement it started to soak through the fabric and staining it
Since I only got enough fabric to do it once and I bought a clearance item I had to go back and select a different vinyl. This time I tried some 3M spray adhesive and it worked much much better.
It took almost 9 hours on a Saturday to get it all said and done. I actually didn't even remove the dash from the truck, due to a hacked in remote start under the steering coloumn. It was a rats nest of wires so I didn't bother trying to disconnect them. I just pulled out everything I could and just leaned the dash forward to reach the rear screws
Finally got it all out back together and the defroster cover wrapped. Now I have to come up with some kind of grille guard for all the vent holes.
I'm trying to wrap some of the radio bezel and the console lid but I'm not sure how successful I'll be on that. Many thanks to some of the guys on here that sent me links and some suggestions
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk