Transmission dying?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chaoticram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Hemi 5.7
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So here are my symptoms. I'm getting this high pitched whine that sounds almost like a bad fuel pump does (obviously not seeing as I'm getting fuel just fine) from what sounds like below the driver side door. It is heard on start up and whenever the vehicle is under load. I'll update this later when I am able to have someone start it ect while I'm down there to be more accurate. I think it might be the transmission oil pump.

So here's the run down on what happened before, I installed a glass pack last weekend then went mudding that Sunday. We ended up going through a puddle much deeper than we had thought. It had coated my headlights. After it was still running normal but about 3 hours later I started to notice the whine. It came and went for awhile until Wednesday when it just always occurred.

Last night I replaced my air filter even though the other one was alright, other than that nothing has been changed from start to now.

Sent from my dos terminal.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mag V10,Mag V8
Just guessin but...how 'bout you drop that Tranny pan...clean it out and new fluid/filter??

Rustycowl69

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 ram 3500
Engine
V10
just spit balling a wild assed guess. Have you checked the fan? Revving it up in deep water, might bend the fan blades.

StoneDude76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Also power steering pump. Check that as well.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk