2012 express hid swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Silverbullet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was looking on the retro shop site and could use some help figuring out what I need. I had dual headlights but swapped to quads. I'm looking for a set of super white hids, not sure what bulbs to order. Also the switch back led turn signal/running light. Could you list the kit or harnesses needed for this? The more the plug and play the better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L

greychevy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Man, I'm so confused. What's the difference in the canbus adapter, and the mopar spec relayed harness? Does one of these make it where I don't have to run grounds, 12v to the battery, and all that other crazy ****?

Kanwar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Great question. Going through same thing with my 2012 with quads as well. Do i need the relay harness if i get the canbus adapter? I do not want the bulb out warning.

iam_canadian22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Man, I'm so confused. What's the difference in the canbus adapter, and the mopar spec relayed harness? Does one of these make it where I don't have to run grounds, 12v to the battery, and all that other crazy ****?

The canbus adapters are plug and play no crazy wiring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
So.....lets break this down.

Canbus adapters - EASY install. They go between the OEM plug (where your halogen bulb used to be) and your ballast. Thats it.....done.

Full mopar harness - the old standard, dual relay harness, capacitor, resistors (13+), run to the battery, couple grounds, etc........

Both do the same thing. Canbus adapters are much easier to install, and they are cheaper.

To do both the lows and highs, you need 2 kits. H11 and 9005 (on your truck Ethan). As for the fogs, the capacitor is only needed with the full harness, on 13+ models.

I'm guessing.........you are reading my site from a phone? Each option has a "?" next to it, opens a new window to go into detail on the options. ;) Damn phones don't show it......

greychevy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Ok, gotcha. So the canbus adapters are something newer and the other harness is kind of the old way of doing it? So I don't need the fog light capacitor for my truck? All of that with lows/highs/fogs will be plug n play but the switchbacks need to be spliced in correct?

I appreciate you clearing everything up!

Yep, looking at it from my phone lol

greychevy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Oh, and last thing, what color temp are the switchbacks and do I need to order a quantity of 2 or 1 for those as well as the diodes?

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
Ok, gotcha. So the canbus adapters are something newer and the other harness is kind of the old way of doing it? So I don't need the fog light capacitor for my truck? All of that with lows/highs/fogs will be plug n play but the switchbacks need to be spliced in correct?

I appreciate you clearing everything up!

Yep, looking at it from my phone lol

Correct. But.......just a note, at this exact moment, I'm not selling switchbacks. I decided to stop selling the ones I had, and am going to be carrying the ones from TRS or Diode Dynamics soon.....haven't decided which ones, I want to get a set of both in and make up my mind! ;)

Oh, and last thing, what color temp are the switchbacks and do I need to order a quantity of 2 or 1 for those as well as the diodes?

See above......for now.......no bueno from me. :favorites13:

greychevy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Thanks man! How many of the diodes for the quad swap do I need? Two at $25 a piece?