02 1500 4.7 45RFE wont shift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jademoon1981

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
02 ram 1500 4.7 4x4 45RFE transmission. Long story here: got to work wouldnt start, changed fuel pump corrected that issue, about 2 days later speedometer stopped working, changed sensor on Rear pumpkin, got that resolved. then again a few days later and came home parked and went to go to the store and wouldnt shift. I have reverse and can get up to about 15 mph or so and it revs up to 3000+ and wont shift. Tried forcing it a bit just revs, tried manually shifting from 1 to 2 nothing so changed transmission input and output sensors, nothing, changed fluid and filters, no chucks of belts or anything just groddie. Got new fluid and filters in still wont shift. We arent getting any codes on the dash no check lights nothing. One thing we do have is the gear indicator squares arent around the letters on the dash but that hasnt worked for a few months. thought id include things we have been messing around if that might help. Anyone have ideas? We are a 1 vechicle family and need our ride

OP
OP
Jademoon1981

Jademoon1981

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
well scanner came in. We got these codes...... I removed the TCM so I could get a part number and ordered one used to see if that corrects the problem. Do they need to be reprogrammed if I got the same part number?

Attachments

• errors .jpg
    errors .jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 6

LoneWolf3574

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
well scanner came in. We got these codes...... I removed the TCM so I could get a part number and ordered one used to see if that corrects the problem. Do they need to be reprogrammed if I got the same part number?
Yes, VIN and mileage are required as well as anything specific to the truck otherwise you will have even more codes.

It looks like you may have a few other issues there as well. Replacing/reprogramming the PCM/TCM is a start.

BlackGold6.4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Did it give a limp mode and stuck in 4th ... you may need a rebuild.. RFE's are bad for loosing the clutch pack and/or solenoids. If so you might want to look at Sonnax.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat