05 slt quad cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ckinard74

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hello, I have a 05 RAM 1500 SLT quad cab rwd. I love this truck and I'm currently getting things together to have my engine and tranny swapped for a remanufactured swap. Any suggestions on what else I can do to make my ride "MORE"? Exhaust headers, etc ? I realize that depending on how much money I want to throw at this project there's alot of things that can be done but I want to narrow it down to since the engine and tranny are being taken out what else can be done before the replacements are put in.
Thanks

hoohah52

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 2500HD 4x4 RCLB
Engine
5.7 HEMI
From a reliability standpoint, this is a good opportunity to inspect all your under hood wires and wiring harnesses. Clean plug ends, repair any frayed wires, replace brittle and cracked wire loom tubing covers and install new ground straps.

New wire loom tubing is inexpensive and is available by the foot from Napa or online in diameters from 1/4" on up. Invest in a good quality electrical/vinyl tape that has a high heat resistance for the loom ends and also for wrapping other various wire groupings. Stay away from cheap tape rolls in the bargain bins.

Underhood heat, dirt/road debris and just plain old age contributes to wiring protection degradation, not to mention nagging electrical gremlin problems. It's not always the sensor, switch or starter, etc. component. Plus, it'll all look factory fresh under there with your new Hemi!