12 hour detail...wow.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RAMblin1217

RAMblin1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Beautiful truck man, yea, money well spent. The swirls alone were worth getting rid off...I applaud you doing an all black truck, being particular. :)

But outstanding job!

Thanks! I just think black is the best looking color as long as you keep it clean. It just looks classy to me, however, I've seen it done the wrong way too. All my previous vehicles have been black, so when I bought my jeep and this truck to replace the old SUV and truck...I knew I had to keep it going. My neighbor calls my two cars "the murder squad" haha.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 57
OP
OP
RAMblin1217

RAMblin1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Another +1 for the Flex 3401 VRG polisher here. I just bought mine a few weeks ago after using a Porter Cable 7424XP for a few years and the difference between the two is crazy. So happy with the Flex and the power it has to cut through almost anything. You won't be disappointed with it at all.
The only thing that it can't do that leaves it lacking slightly is have 4" pads on it. Would definitely be nice to have that ability for smaller areas. I can see myself buying a second polisher to throw 4" pads on to get in those areas in the future.

The truck definitely came out great! I've been using Adam's products for almost a year now and am beyond impressed with every one of them that I've used. Fantastic quality and like you said, are all made to work together which is a bonus as well.
The 12 hours sounds bang on the money for the work you had done; that's right at what I would have estimated it at as well.

So to reaffirm your decision, the Flex is definitely the way to go IMO.

Looks amazing! And yeah, the Adam's stuff has yet to let me down. I need more towels, but other than that I always stay well stocked on product. I'm definitely going with the flex and probably a 3" Rubes for the smaller areas. The guy that did the work had the flex for correction, rubes for smaller areas, and the cyclone for paint sealant, glaze and wax. He obviously uses them daily so needs more relief from the flex, hence the cyclone. He let me try all 3 and I had no problems with any of them, he seemed surprised I handled the flex so well on my first try...of course it's really not that hard to figure out.

Joshwaa

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 CC 4x4 Laramie AirRide
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Look into the Rag Company. They have some of the best MicroFibers out there hands down. The Everest is awesome.

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
Looks amazing! And yeah, the Adam's stuff has yet to let me down. I need more towels, but other than that I always stay well stocked on product. I'm definitely going with the flex and probably a 3" Rubes for the smaller areas. The guy that did the work had the flex for correction, rubes for smaller areas, and the cyclone for paint sealant, glaze and wax. He obviously uses them daily so needs more relief from the flex, hence the cyclone. He let me try all 3 and I had no problems with any of them, he seemed surprised I handled the flex so well on my first try...of course it's really not that hard to figure out.

Yeah definitely. I'm excited to get even more of their products. I have a local dealer that is a mobile detailer as well but he's often willing to come out and meet up with me to get the products I need. Which is super convenient but also scary because of how much money I can spend with him. lol.
I ended up buying a couple packs of microfiber towels at Costco. Way better bang for your buck. I do have a couple good finishing towels from Adams to use when needed. But for the most part a regular Microfiber works great for any polishing needs. I just use the nice finishing towels for waxing, H20 Guard and Gloss, etc.
The Rupes is what I'm thinking of going with for a smaller polisher as well. Looks like a good, quality little polisher as well. Definitely nice to have multiples to switch back and forth as well. One of my buddies has the Cyclo so he came over to do one fender on my car and compare it to the Flex (as I was between the two when I bought by Flex). The Cyclo was obviously a little easier to get into the tight contours because of the smaller pads but overall the Flex did a better job cutting.

OP
OP
RAMblin1217

RAMblin1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah definitely. I'm excited to get even more of their products. I have a local dealer that is a mobile detailer as well but he's often willing to come out and meet up with me to get the products I need. Which is super convenient but also scary because of how much money I can spend with him. lol.
I ended up buying a couple packs of microfiber towels at Costco. Way better bang for your buck. I do have a couple good finishing towels from Adams to use when needed. But for the most part a regular Microfiber works great for any polishing needs. I just use the nice finishing towels for waxing, H20 Guard and Gloss, etc.
The Rupes is what I'm thinking of going with for a smaller polisher as well. Looks like a good, quality little polisher as well. Definitely nice to have multiples to switch back and forth as well. One of my buddies has the Cyclo so he came over to do one fender on my car and compare it to the Flex (as I was between the two when I bought by Flex). The Cyclo was obviously a little easier to get into the tight contours because of the smaller pads but overall the Flex did a better job cutting.

I spent like $300 on Adam's stuff when I first got the truck haha...it does add up fast. The detailer is a salesman as well, like your local guy, he'll meet me somewhere to pick stuff up. The only thing I'll say, and I'm sure you're aware of, but sometimes the bulk cheap microfiber towels will leave scratches or swirls too. I had a ton of cheaper ones I bought at Autozone and found out the hard way they weren't good for your paint. The rule the detailer told me is, "if they cling to themselves after being in the dryer...don't use them on paint." I only use them now to clean the floor in my garage. Of course the other thing I'm sure everyone already knows...only use the towel for the same area and thing each use (tire towel never touches paint, paint never touches glass, glass never touches interior, etc.). The best towels they make are the double soft and waffle drying towel...I can't believe how great those two are. I need to get their glass towels but have yet to snag a few.

jlpowell84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks great man! Stunning!

Mine is getting done in three weeks. My buddy is a buffer/journeyman painter. I just gave him $450 and he bought the Dewalt 849X, all 3M Perfect It compounds, and everything he needs. I dont know much at all about products but trust him and his boss :)

Here is his job last week.

Attachments

• IMG_0667.jpg
    IMG_0667.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0653.jpg
    IMG_0653.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0664.jpg
    IMG_0664.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0680.jpg
    IMG_0680.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 53

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
all that in 12 hours is FAST. nice work. Looks great.

It would be hard for me to buy a truck with the paint in that shape. I glad he got it looking good for you. IMHO, Touch drive through car washes should be against the Geneva Conventions

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
IMHO, Touch drive through car washes should be against the Geneva Conventions[/QUOTE]

I refer to them as tunnels of destruction---
Jay

OP
OP
RAMblin1217

RAMblin1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
all that in 12 hours is FAST. nice work. Looks great.

It would be hard for me to buy a truck with the paint in that shape. I glad he got it looking good for you. IMHO, Touch drive through car washes should be against the Geneva Conventions

The price and mileage made it a deal that was to good to pass up. It was $5k lower than anything else around here with less than half the mileage too. And I agree 100% on the touch car washes.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
The price and mileage made it a deal that was to good to pass up. It was $5k lower than anything else around here with less than half the mileage too. And I agree 100% on the touch car washes.

Sounds like a good deal then. I got white just so i don't see the scratches i put in it as easy LOL. Its ok if i scratch it but by god nobody else's had better put their hands on it let alone scratch it. Im sure thats how you feel after having it all cleaned up nice. STAY THE HELL AWAY!

OP
OP
RAMblin1217

RAMblin1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sounds like a good deal then. I got white just so i don't see the scratches i put in it as easy LOL. Its ok if i scratch it but by god nobody else's had better put their hands on it let alone scratch it. Im sure thats how you feel after having it all cleaned up nice. STAY THE HELL AWAY!

I actually wanted a white one but couldn't find one with low enough miles in the budget I had set for just the truck. I already had bought my black '15 Grand Cherokee Altitude so felt a lil weird having another black vehicle, however my neighbors now call them the "murder squad" since both are totally blacked out minus lights. I am pretty careful with my cars and nobody touches them but me. The truck is my work truck for mowing, and when I mow I park it down the street so nothing touches it or scratches it on accident.

I wash it 2-3 times a week now that the detail has been done for 2 weeks and I wax it 1 a week with Adam's Polishes Buttery Wax which is a light speed wax that only lasts a few washes. I've found that by doing the washes and buttery wax, it's maintaining the thicker wax that the detailer applied so it still looks as good as when he got done.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I actually wanted a white one but couldn't find one with low enough miles in the budget I had set for just the truck. I already had bought my black '15 Grand Cherokee Altitude so felt a lil weird having another black vehicle, however my neighbors now call them the "murder squad" since both are totally blacked out minus lights. I am pretty careful with my cars and nobody touches them but me. The truck is my work truck for mowing, and when I mow I park it down the street so nothing touches it or scratches it on accident.

I wash it 2-3 times a week now that the detail has been done for 2 weeks and I wax it 1 a week with Adam's Polishes Buttery Wax which is a light speed wax that only lasts a few washes. I've found that by doing the washes and buttery wax, it's maintaining the thicker wax that the detailer applied so it still looks as good as when he got done.

I used to do that too. I love waxing my truck... got married, had a kid (13 months now) and thats the end of the "weekly wax" and wash 2 times a week deal. I get a "real" wax in every few months and a spray wax in maybe 1-2 times a month. I still wash it about 3 times a month though.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sometimes our priorities change--sounds like your's were for the better. I'm lucky enough to be retired so my garage time is almost unlimited(and she let me say that)---LOL
Jay

OP
OP
RAMblin1217

RAMblin1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I used to do that too. I love waxing my truck... got married, had a kid (13 months now) and thats the end of the "weekly wax" and wash 2 times a week deal. I get a "real" wax in every few months and a spray wax in maybe 1-2 times a month. I still wash it about 3 times a month though.

I'm not married and don't have kids...so I'm not avoiding them haha. I work 2 jobs and am in school for another degree, so it's busy. I just can't sit on the couch very long, don't drink anymore, and am OCD. I also am 33 so all my friends are married with kids and are busy with their families...so I made my truck and jeep my kids and playtime = wash time. My girlfriend is usually at work or out drinking when I do find the time to wash them. I'm sure in the next 3-5 years I'll slow down to once a week washes as the vehicles get older.

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks good man, my truck goes through the wash all the time, i bet a good polish wouldnt hurt... I just dont want to wet sand it, i dont trust my self on a $32k truck, My vw... the Pile of **** i practiced, and confirmed that i dont trust my self ahha. need to find a good detail shop in the area.

BTW i would hate if a bird **** on your car with in a day of detail

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wet sand might be OK if you don't use 80 grit---:naughty:
Jay