13' Ram vs. 14' Silverado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Exhausted

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
so I have considered myself a Chevy guy and over the years I have owned mainly GM products with 1 F150 and a 300C.
so I have drive a 2013 Ram CC Big Horn 4x4. hemi, 6speed, alpine audio, towing package and 3.55's
I went to test drive a 2014 Chevy CC 5.3L 2wd with full console, sliding glass back window, heated cloth seats and the 8" My Link stereo.
I like the styling so I thought I would give it a shot since the EPA rating is 3-4 MPG better than my truck.
that thing felt so cheaply built compared to my Ram. the power was okay, the seats sucked. they are not supportive at all and it still has a rougher ride than my Ram. and the entire reason I got rid of my 2011 Silverado is a freaking vibration was still there!!
really made me feel good about my truck.

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Awesome! My neighbor bought one. They're OK looking, but I find the fender openings MUCH too square for my liking.

Better MPG is nice, but I believe it when I see it.

Chris

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Drove a '14 to Vegas and back, great gas mileage, great interior, no noise, just didnt like the 5.3 power.....seemed to always be looking for MPG, where a 4 door truck, needs power too....

OP
OP
E

Exhausted

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Drove a '14 to Vegas and back, great gas mileage, great interior, no noise, just didnt like the 5.3 power.....seemed to always be looking for MPG, where a 4 door truck, needs power too....

part of the no power and the MPG is that low 3.08 rearend!

Caldwell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
3.08 rear in a truck !!!!! jesus, I shake my head at 3.55's :(.

thats insane, its a truck, not a prius.

emjohn4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
GM's are $hit. Always have been, and always will be.

However, an occasional reminder of their status is always a reassuring feeling.

ETA: I wasted post 500 on chitty chebbys? Darn!

Last edited:

rustydagger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 with K&N CAI and Diablosport Trinity Tuner
Lulz^
I agree fully. The fenders are too square. They feel underpowered. Cheaply made. No new innovations in the past 20 years. The same radio and all. The only good thing about them, replacement parts are cheap. :D

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
The only good thing about chevy is that upgrading the performance is easy and not as expensive as the rams. Just my opinion.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
curious nobody mentioned the price...they are a lot more expensive here in Canada.
i priced a sierra out, it was already into the low 40s and i didn't even get the bucket seats !
and the way they bundled the trims is simply highway robbery. I was a GM guy for many many years, but not this year - SLT on order.
My last visit at the dealership - they told me the Ram's are cheap, Ram is a cheap brand. Yea, dude, I kinda like the money in MY pocket or well spent.
The materials inside the sierra are NOT up to the Ram level and the seats suck.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
wow, they have 3.08's???

emjohn4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
curious nobody mentioned the price...they are a lot more expensive here in Canada.
i priced a sierra out, it was already into the low 40s and i didn't even get the bucket seats !
and the way they bundled the trims is simply highway robbery. I was a GM guy for many many years, but not this year - SLT on order.
My last visit at the dealership - they told me the Ram's are cheap, Ram is a cheap brand. Yea, dude, I kinda like the money in MY pocket or well spent.
The materials inside the sierra are NOT up to the Ram level and the seats suck.

It's because I don't live in canada! :)

Most Americans won't have a clue what things cost up there (myself included) just as I'd not think you would know what things cost down here. :)

Oh, and Chevy still sucks.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
It's because I don't live in canada! :)

Most Americans won't have a clue what things cost up there (myself included) just as I'd not think you would know what things cost down here. :)

Oh, and Chevy still sucks.

oh well, we do know how much things are in the US...and we wonder why with some of them. Example: at some point, there was this TV station doing a report and they found out that a Toyota Rav4, built in Ingersoll, Ontario, was about $32000 in Ingersoll Toyota dealer, whereas the same car, in Hawaii, was something along $24000. Go figure. Rest assured, I do most of my shopping in the US (clothes, mods, electronics, etc) and I love it ! :D

Hemi Joe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Awesome! My neighbor bought one. They're OK looking, but I find the fender openings MUCH too square for my liking.

Better MPG is nice, but I believe it when I see it.

Chris

Believe it. I averaged 13 with my Ram lifetime, I have a short 4 mile drive to work and my Ram was a RCSB. I'm averaging 18 with my Silverado which is a crew cab 4x4. Did a few long highway trips and averaged 23+. The Hemi was a stronger motor than the 5.3, more of a hot rod, but the Silverado is a much better daily driver. However, I drove a 6.2 High Country last week, that thing was damn quick for a truck. The free phone app is nice too, I can start my truck when I'm in my office building where remote start doesn't reach and it's DAMN cold here right now. Positives and negatives on both, but I have zero regrets.