14 express premium cluster upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rceagle1a

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I agree, and my owners manual is worthless as it doesn't even discuss the tpms for the 1500 models.

rceagle1a

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
okay so I did an acid test this morning I removed the 7-inch cluster and reinstalled my 3 inch evic again. my tire pressure monitor instantly resumed operation.so I think there may be some validity to the 2014 being different than 2013 part. I also found this discussion: http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=153871. I was going to order 4 2014 sensors for my 2013 but I fear that since the TPMS sensors don't directly talk to the cluster they won't work either.

Rherman1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummings
My tire sensors were acting up when I had my tire switched after running a broken bottle over! I had to drive mine for about 3 miles before it worked right again. Take the truck to auto zone and plug in the OBD port scan tool and see what codes come up. Then clear all codes that might clear up the issue. I dont trust the dealer telling me anything, they said that I couldn't put steering wheel audio controls on my truck or the 8.4. They said I couldn't put projectors or LED tail lights in my truck either, Guess what.......Hell they couldn't even flash the truck right for my back up camera. I had to tell them what to do and they had my directions from jeepguy. When they flashed the truck for my daytime driving lights they were to put them on the high beam 1/2 power not the low beam 1/2 power. I have to have them flash it again before I can put my HID's in!

Jared4.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Bighorn CC
Engine
It's just strange that as many guys that have swapped clusters we haven't seen the TPMS thing pop up yet.

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Mine was fine too. 13 cluster, 14 truck.

Yep mine is 13 cluster 14 truck and I ran that 14 cluster in the truck for 2 weeks while the one I kept was being programmed. Never had a problem with TPMS faults. But he is going to try running some tires from a friends 14 and seeing if that fixes the faults. If so it's just the tire sensors.

Sent from Skynet terminal 142a5

cody4130

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have about 2800 miles on my permium cluster upgrade and no issues at all with tpms or anything else. My cluster was new 0 miles from a supplier not sure what year could have been 13 or 14

hinzy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The only thing I've noticed after my upgrade is I don't recall seeing the ECO light coming on with this cluster.

Jared4.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Bighorn CC
Engine
The only thing I've noticed after my upgrade is I don't recall seeing the ECO light coming on with this cluster.

Option is probably turned off in the radio. Maybe?

Grad12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6 3.6

This should be an option in the menu on the screen on the cluster. That's where it is on the basic cluster anyway.

hinzy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This should be an option in the menu on the screen on the cluster. That's where it is on the basic cluster anyway.

Found it in the options going through the radio... Not sure how it reset to off, but no big deal.

plarkinjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel
it falls under the never ASSUME column. I ordered it from Standard Auto wreckers in Scarborough ON, and they ordered it in from a different yard in NEW YORK, USA. The guy swore it was a KPH cluster (and it is). I ASSUMED it was a Canadian truck that wrecked in the USA (and maybe it was) The problem is the ability to switch between Metric and English units is controlled in the Uconnect for the upgraded clusters, so I can't change it with my 3.0 Uconnect. The cluster remembers the last setting, so evidently the driver had switched it to miles at some point, maybe with intention of switching back when he got back to Canada.

Regardless, it is now stuck in miles till I either upgrade my radio or borrow somebody's truck and switch it to KM.

Hmmm, I wonder if there doesnt pop up a small cottage industry with "uconnect" simulators where you can modify these things on the bench before installing them. I mean they have "tuners", and I recall something back in the 90s about a device where you could "trick" to your speedo/odo into understanding you have bigger tires.

plarkinjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
"Look for Silver or Black rings and you might be more likely to get one that works with your wheel buttons." - Be VERY careful here....I just got mine and its locked in Spanish and cannot be changed. Also you canNOT change any of the settings, like horn honk with lock etc if you get one that was paired with an 8.4. I am going to the dealer to see what if anything I can get done to get it reset. IF anyone in the NYC area whats to help me out at least set it to english by letting me plug into their truck, I would be very grateful$$

Is this for 8.4 only? In other words, if I have a 3.0 radio and my donor was a 5.0, can I set my preferences with the steering wheel buttons as I do with the OEM 3.5" EVIC?

ETA: Several other questions....

I found a "Limited" 2500 Diesel at the dealership which appears to have 4 steering wheel buttons, and actual knobs for radio controls.... and the larger EVIC with 6 dials.... exactly what I'd want to install. Is that what we would expect to see in a "Limited"? And in general:
Are the clusters interchangeable between 1500s, 2500s, and 3500s (assuming everything else is the same?
What years are interchangeable? I'd assume 13, 14 and 15.

Last edited:

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Mega Cab 4x4
Engine
6.7L
Just Snagged a 7" Chrome Display from LKQ with photo confirmation for $80 Shipped. 200mi more then I have now. :3

plarkinjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just Snagged a 7" Chrome Display from LKQ with photo confirmation for $80 Shipped. 200mi more then I have now. :3

DAYUM, Cain't get any better'n 'at!

Has anybody with a 3.0 radio successfully upgraded their cluster, and were able to program the "settings" with just the arrow keys on your steering wheel? If so, what radio and trim level was your donor vehicle?

Thanks