1400 miles in one week with the 2013

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boomer135

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport CC 4x4
Engine
After a week of owning the 2013 Ram Sport 4X4 CC Im happy with the truck.

I'll break this down in a few categories.

Gas mileage:

Not bad on the highway, but your best mileage seems to be a 55-65 to get the top rated 19MPG. at 70-75 I was averaging 16-17. City driving I am getting about 12-13. I do notice in the city I get a better average If I just get up to speed with a slightly increased throttle instead of slowly easing the pedal till Im at speed, and of course coasting to stop lights using cruise control to the max extent.

Ride quality:

I do enjoy the rear colis, as opposed to a leaf spring rear. you don't get the "hop" over speed bumps, and its a lot smoother. I haven't tested out the towing or load capability with the coils yet.

interior comfort:

Not bad at all. I would love a telescoping steering wheel adjustment and a few more adjustments on the drivers seat. but it's a comfy ride. I am 6'2" 215lbs, and still have plenty of room in the drivers seat. the leather is nice and the heated/cooled seats are a plus. First time having a heating steering wheel i was skeptical, but it's a nice comfort and I'm now spoiled. There is a tremendous amount of room in the rear of the Crew Cab. I am not sure if I am a fan of the under seat storage. I had problems fitting a cooler in the rear of the cab with the hump under the seat. I still don't understand why Ram doesn't let the rear seat backs fold down for even more storage. It is a mod i will do so I can keep fishing gear or a rifle out of sight.

Interior electronics.

My first problem is the LED's, although they are a great upgrade but I have problems occurring with them. Flickering at low settings, and sometimes the interior lights will not illuminate when the doors are opened.

The EVIC is a nice addition also. It allows a nice custom setup of gauges such as; tranny temp, oil psi, MPG, NAV directions, tire PSI, etc...Although the head lamp and brights indicator are too bright for night driving. I may tint the cluster to tone them down.

Auto dimming brights are a great system. I am surprised how well it works even dimming when approaching tail lights so you dont blind the driver ahead of you.

Auto sensing wipers are ok, they may **** you off from time to time, but you can just shut them off

Nav system, and ucconnect. It's alright... I don't have all the voice prompts down yet, but once you learn the system it can help you pay attention to the road. Starting the truck from you phone is a great luxury! I do like how Ram can upgrade the unit for NAV is the customer wants, and for only $500.00 isn't bad.

The back up camera is AWESOME! love the system and the lead in lines on the camera. They even turn with the wheel, and are spot on.

Off road:

Using stock street tires I was able to test out the 4x4 capability of the Ram. I was able to climb slick grades of 30%. once the stock tires are worn I will replace them with a better All terrain or mud tire. I thought the front bumper might be a bit too low for the approach angle. I only rubbed once with no damage. The break over and departure angles were no problems. 4-low gave me the Torque when I needed it. This is my first time with a 4X4 system that had a auto mode. I would try to get the system to kick in on it's own. But I received no notification or light that the system went to 4x4. Just a light on the dash "4x4 auto"

Electronic Steering:

It was nice off road, or cruising on the highway, But in high traffic areas it takes some getting used to. I wish the system was tighter, and not so responsive. This is fine for a car, but I dont think it's a good idea for a truck.

Musts for this truck IMO opinion are:
Anti slip rear
and I wish I would have gotten the 3.92 gears for the 5.7

My only upgrades while still under the factory warranty will be:
Mod the rear seat back to flip down
tint the dash cluster so the lights aren't so bright
possibly add font parking sensors
replace the air intake
level the front suspension
upgrade the front projection light to HID

I may have missed a few items but this should give you a good idea of the new 2013 ram.

Last edited:

redsand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.5 Ecoboost
Great review, I'm planning on getting one at the end of summer. Want to wait for the 8spd and see what others think of it. Gas mileage seems to be about the same as what I get, its been worse lately which I attribute to the winter gas. Which Miller dealership did you buy from? That man has a load of them.

OP
OP
B

boomer135

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport CC 4x4
Engine
from what i recall it was Larry Miller in Boise ID