14hemiexpress 2010 build.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
Alright guys out with the new and in with the old. I picked up a 2010 crew cab lone star 2wd with 148k on the clock. Trucks paid for so I can actually start a build. I have a pretty extensive list ahead of me, I want this truck to last me 3-5 years so I'm going to make it what I want. I haven't kept a truck For more than 2 1/2 years so I am going for a record. I don't have a set direction for this build yet but here's my list.

I'm going to start with maintance a hole lot of maintance.
Tuesday or Wednesday the truck will go in to have the rear axle rebuilt as it's is howling (my neighbour is a tech at a dodge dealer and does axles and transmissions) they are going full rebuild and going to toss a limited slip in there, I was going to get them to put 3.92 but they are on back order so 3.55s are going back in there. While it's at the dealer it's going to get a trans service as well. Next on my list is brakes I'm going to replace all 4 rotors with raybestos rotors and Wagner thermo quite pads all the way around, the shocks are shot so I'm replacing with kyb excel-g's, the steering is a tad loose so I'm going to replace the outer tie rods and the rack as it comes with inners (remand rack is 120 with returned core inner tie rods are 40 ea you can do that math), I'm going to replace all the tires with Cooper discoverer H/T's I had them on my 06 and I really liked them, I have a K&N oil filter I need to clean and install it, and im going to do a oil change still haven't made up my mind on oil yet either redline or casteroil gtx high mileage with royal purple filter (i believe the original owner said he used high mileage) That pretty much sums up maintance. Along with all the parts for my maintance I'm going to get a new back bumper it has a big dent from a pole and it makes it tuff to open the tailgate, a tonno pro tri fold bed cover like I had on my other truck and a deezee tailgate assist.

Things I have planned include new tailgate and bed rail covers, the tailgate needs body work and repaint, bed rug, clazzios, navi double din with blue tooth and back up camera, air lifts, new 4 or 5in side steps, 5in tips, possibly borla muffler, and a mild audio build components and a sub. I'm sure there will be more. I'm not sure if I want to lower it or any suspension mods maybe sway bars but suspension mods are low on my priority list I want to get maintance body work and interior done first.

Here is a pic of the first day I got the truck.

Edit: I plan on doing plugs also.

Attachments

• 20160305_113407.jpg
    20160305_113407.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
OP
OP
14hemiexpress

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
Here's the tires I'm going to put on it.

Attachments

• discovererhtplus.jpg
    discovererhtplus.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 26