1500 - 37s and 4 inch or less lift Q&A + Pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nanaue4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah i was looking possibly the thuren fab uppers and his tuned kings.
On another note, this beast was spotted. And cool to see people thought it was mine I got some Pretty cool Instagram followers

Attachments

• IMG_8349.png
    IMG_8349.png
    400.7 KB · Views: 25

czervika

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's pretty cool, def glad to see more options available. When I was looking a couple years ago the options were there but still limited. I don't need anything heavy duty, just wanna lose the dopey chrome.

How do you like the front sway bar being removed. Been considering trying that and upgrading my rear to a hellwig.

Check out thuren suspension too. He is a wizard.

If you do go to DTX just understand its hazing 24/7 and you'll be good. It used to be much worse. Lol
Any chance you can get a shot of the tire to control arm /spindle area? I'm thinking of ditching my -44's and going to 0 offset with 37's but my numbers aren't jiving based on what I'm measuring. But I've never been good at metrology. Not concerned with pinch weld or bumper. i already have those covered :).

Thanks!

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Any chance you can get a shot of the tire to control arm /spindle area? I'm thinking of ditching my -44's and going to 0 offset with 37's but my numbers aren't jiving based on what I'm measuring. But I've never been good at metrology. Not concerned with pinch weld or bumper. i already have those covered :).

Thanks!
For sure. I have 285s with a 8.5 (-6mm offset). Anything in specific you wanna see?

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Yeah i was looking possibly the thuren fab uppers and his tuned kings.
I had some of his OG fox 2.0s on my 2006 Cummins and that thing was bananas good. If king didn't have such short service intervals I would be running his stuff on my 1500. There's a few really solid options now a days so I'm sure you'll be able to find exactly what you want.

czervika

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had some of his OG fox 2.0s on my 2006 Cummins and that thing was bananas good. If king didn't have such short service intervals I would be running his stuff on my 1500. There's a few really solid options now a days so I'm sure you'll be able to find exactly what you want.
Gah, I thought I was replying to Nanue4x4. But thanks any way. I think I Figured out I'm limited to 37x12.5 with 0 offset. From the shots at AEV of the Recruit with 37x12.5's the tires look REAL close to rubbing. I can't see how there would be room for another half inch there.
With my -44's I'd still have inches to go, but I'm sold on reducing my offset with the next set of tires.

Tiresize.com offset calculator says I'm moving inboard 2.68 inches with 0 offset. From what I'm measuring with the current setup, and extrapolating, I have between 2.25 and 2.5" available.

I don't know if I'd want to press my luck with 13.5's. Yet.

3-1524233258.jpg
4-1524233258.jpg

-44's for comparison

signal-2023-12-12-090937_0031.jpeg

signal-2023-12-12-090937_002.jpeg

Last edited:

Nanaue4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Gah, I thought I was replying to Nanue4x4. But thanks any way. I think I Figured out I'm limited to 37x12.5 with 0 offset. From the shots at AEV of the Recruit with 37x12.5's the tires look REAL close to rubbing. I can't see how there would be room for another half inch there.
With my -44's I'd still have inches to go, but I'm sold on reducing my offset with the next set of tires.

Tiresize.com offset calculator says I'm moving inboard 2.68 inches with 0 offset. From what I'm measuring with the current setup, and extrapolating, I have between 2.25 and 2.5" available.

I don't know if I'd want to press my luck with 13.5's. Yet.

View attachment 533331
View attachment 533332

-44's for comparison

View attachment 533339

View attachment 533340
Thats super awesome, i barely have room, with my 0 offset. Ive read that a -12 would be ideal for a 13.5, and maybe a 1/4 inch spacer if needed for the front. My Deliums run a little bit on the true side at 12.6 inches wide, so definitely not too bad.

Nanaue4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
IMG_8437.jpeg
So this is the beginning of the bumper. It will be done by Friday, and then i will raptor line it, this is going to be the prototype, with addons available.

Most of the structure is going to be 3/16’s steel, and the top
Plate to hold the lights will be 1/8.
We will be working on a winch plate later on, and from what i spoke to him about, i would like to have a extension that goes down to the factory tow hook points to add extra mounting support. The only cutting ive had to do is cut the middle portion of the valence flat like the rest of the valence.
IMG_8450.png

We are hoping to have it look as similar to the OG 2nd gen tundra ad possible, but with out trucks mounting locations it will be different. The sides will be DOM 1.5 inch tubing, with protection and solution to be able to mount lights, i have 4 BD squadrons sports as fogs currently, and I am going to be doing something similar to that tacoma pictured as well. Im hoping to have the bull bar a bolt on option, as I know not everyone will like to run on,
As of now it is a very tight clearanve bumper, only sticking out about 3 inches from the valence.

Attachments

• IMG_8441.jpeg
    IMG_8441.jpeg
    207.8 KB · Views: 6

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Dude that looks AWESOME! Us normal bumper guys get the raw deal. Only other I've seen I liked is the Hooke Road that mrack has. It's partly why I've not changed mine out.

Nanaue4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well here it is, a better look at what it will look like! Have a couple modifications to make for production models, but super happy with it!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 20

wvfarrier

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
How are you fellas fitting 17's? I tried a couple different brands on my '21 1500 and they would not fit over the brake calipers. The 18s I tried did but not 17s.

mrack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5th gens can’t fit 17s, 4th gens can

MrJHSN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I was actually an affiliate for hooke road dont know if my code still works.

Im in the works for a hybrid style bumper that utilizes the factory valence. Its going to be made by Rigid Armor, Right here in Sunny SoCal. He is the one who made the tire rack specifically for our trucks, since the rear bumpers have a different type of clearance than a Tundra.

I also do still have the broken suspension, but i have the previous set that they originally sent with internal noise on the truck now.
Im most likely gonna go to Carbon shocks, or just pick up whatever cheap set if struts I can find. For now the Ironman will Suffice, as it gives me the travel for the slower stuff. Anything with slight whoops probably will snap the lower mount again…

Its hard when I enjoy driving faster in the desert, but also enjoy crawling on rocks
I should be getting a set of carbon shocks for the 1500 here soon, delivers Friday

czervika

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just thought I should followup here. 37x13.50R18's fit on the AEV 4" lift. 18x9.5 0 Offset which meant a 5.25" backspace. The Cooper SST Pros had more clearance to the spindle than the Radar Renegade R/Ts but that's a story for my build page. 12.50's would have had ample room.