1992 fixer upper thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Roadkill

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well, I've seen a few guys post project threads around the site and said, hey why not me? Even though I haven't done much since I've gotten my truck, I've done a few things to it and at least I can get my thread going.

I'll tell you what though, I have a lot planned for this truck and hopefully this summer I'll have a lot to post because I have hopes of making my Ram look all nice and pretty.

Aside from tune ups like oil change, plugs, wires, cap, rotor and so on and other fixes I've had to make that the previous owners have messed up on, I haven't done much else other than change out the muffler.

Old muffler:

photo_zps3255e493.jpg

As you can see, the tail pipe has been shortened to be in front of the rear wheel. I just kept it that way rather than buying more extensions to go over the pumpkin. Looks fine to me at least. But the angle its at, I might have to invest in a flapper.

photo1_zps15223c05.jpg

I could peel the muffler casing away like a layer of a buttery biscuit and see the inside. Probably because of the water that came in from the upward facing tail pipe. Hence the flapper I'm gonna get.

And behold, the new shiny muffler:

photo2_zps46973648.jpg

Had to get adapters because I couldn't get a hold of a flange tool. But easy to do. She has a gentle purr too her now.

I have many new plans to come! What's next is getting an alignment done and getting another wiper motor. Speaking of, and I know I already asked before and got a response, but I would like to hear some more opinions: should I invest in a new wiper motor or find one in a junkyard? After that is fixing the cap on the distributor. Went to change it and one of the screws that holds on the cap broke off so half the cap is being held on by a zip tie. So that's a project in itself. After that, I plan on replacing the driver's side floor pan (it's been replaced with street signs when I got it). Found some good prices at c2cfabrication so I'll be getting those soon along with some rocker panels. Once all the underside work is done, then comes the grinding off all the rust and painting the underside with tractor paint. My main plan is just to stop all the rust. Then comes body work, but that'll be a while ways yet.

So that's just about my tentative plan for my baby.