1995 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HaydenGooding

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Liter V8 - 318
Alright guys. Need some quick help. So I just bought a ram and it would bog down at about 1500 rpms and wouldn't go any higher when it was in drive or in reverse. But in neutral it would hit the rev limiter without a problem. Long story short, after many different things, I found that the transmission fluid temp sensor was not plugged in and couldnt be plugged in because the tranny lines had been replaced by lines that didnt have a port for the sensor to be plugged in. Because of this, the cpu thought the tranny was overheating and put the engine in low power. I just bought a 1000 ohm resistor and my simple question is, how do I tie the resistor into the plug so the pcu thinks the tranny is fine. Theres 4 different ports I could solder the resistor into but I dont know which ones to tie into. Any help? Thanks a lot guys.