1st Time RAM HD owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigWhite2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Hey, ramforum. I've been lurking around this board for months, and I've found it a good resource, so I thought I'd say hello. I bought my first HD RAM about 6 months ago to replace my mint (but old) '95 Ford F-150 XL. It's a 2018 2500 crew cab with Tradesman trim, an 8-foot bed and the addition of the Cummins 6.7 (Non HO). I've been used to my manual, no frills, bare bones work trucks most of my life, but in comparison, even the standard Tradesman package makes me feel like I'm driving a spaceship. :) I love the interior fit and finish and it's very comfortable to drive.

It gave me a really warm and fuzzy feeling about taking on a new vehicle payment (haven't had one in 20 yrs.), until... ...Well, until I had to take it in for a service. First, the attitude. The Service Manager's attitude at my RAM dealer seems like he'd rather argue with the new customer about his concerns about the vehicle (again, it's my 1st RAM) than actually provide, you know, service to the new customer. They don't address emails in a timely manner, and if I phone them up, forget about reaching someone. If it's under warranty, they will set appts. for months out. If I'm paying for it, hey, they can get me in this week! So far, I'm less than impressed by the service department and will likely go to a local diesel shop from here on out. I hope that's an isolated incident.

So far, fingers crossed. Really loving the truck so far.

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
sounds like just a bad dealer