2001 Ram 1500 Save It? Or Scrap It?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2001 1500 4x4 I am debating on saving this truck parting it out or just scrapping someone gave it to me not sure if its worth fixing. It has 140k fires right up interior is clean dash not even cracked.. However rockers are gone and the frame twards the rear on both sides cracked not really a whole lot of rot or anything on the frame but its broken twards the rear where the cab and bed meet where the frame starts to curve up. I will get some frame pictures soon however does anyone make frame pieces for this truck like they do with jeeps? I tried to look some up but found nothing Is this a common thing on these trucks?
open to suggestions/ideason what to do with it.
IMG_20240216_162707.jpg

Last edited:

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Too much to fix it, you could be forever parting it out. Suggest calling one of those "we buy cars" handmade signs and hope they take it away without charging you.

zrock

Reaction score
part it out, you should be able to sell the trans and engine easy enough and get more than a salvage yard would give you. A few people may be interested in a few other parts if you advertise it to pull themself, then take what is left to salvage yard and get scrap value for it.. I have been given a few old wrecks over the years and thats what i have done and made a good little $ after it was gone usually within a month

OP
OP
jws123

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Too much to fix it, you could be forever parting it out. Suggest calling one of those "we buy cars" handmade signs and hope they take it away without charging you.
Picked it up other day its the first 2nd gen without a cracked dash i ever seen ahah for sure has some good parts its a shame the frame does look fixable but currently dont have time to do it would of loved to save it tho. I have it up on fb if anyone on here needs parts lmk going to scrap it this weekend they offered 500.

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Frame rot just like here in the rust belt using Mag Chloride and rock salt in the winter months, going to cost too much the repair and time consuming plus the rockers are rotted out, I would part it out first as you said a good dash unheard of, and good drive train.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357