2003 Ram 1500 4.7l HVAC not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Turtlesurfer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am trying to troubleshoot my 2003 1500 4.7l HVAC/Climate control issue and can't seem to find any information for the symptoms that I am having. When I turn the knob to turn on the climate control, nothing happens, nothing turns on at all. However, if you push the A/C button, it will light up, but again nothing happens. For awhile it would do this once in awhile, then work normally. I have checked all of the fuses and relays and they are functional as is the Blower Motor Resistor. Would it be the Climate Control unit itself? Could it be the A/C Compressor? Or is it something totally different? Any help would greatly appreciated!

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So are you getting air out the vents or no? can you hear your blower motor? if you cant start there it may be bad. If the blower motor is working but not change position or temp you may have blend door issues usually the actuator go bad but the doors are known to break in the early rams.