2004 1500 Part recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

quick6black

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have a 2004 Hemi 1500 4x4 automatic that I am trying to bring up to perfect operational standards and there are a few things I am apprehensive to replace with cheap reman parts. I need to replace the power steering rack and was wondering what other users have used that has been a good replacement and not failed prematurely. I also need to replace my oil pan (getting pretty rusty), and am looking for a good aftermarket replacement. Any feedback would be appreciated.

thanks!

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a reman steering rack. It was replaced using my 3rd party warranty about 5 months ago. Seems to be working fine, and no more leaks. I have no idea about the long term durability, but most of these reman parts are good enough.

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Rockauto has good deals on both items you want. I've seen good reviews on their oil pans and steering racks.

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The one benefit to a local parts store's remans, are their warranties. Mine has a lifetime warranty so, if it does go bad, I can remove it, swap it out, and put the new reman in on the same day. Just a thought about local parts stores.

OP
OP
Q

quick6black

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
thanks for the recommendations, I will check out Rock Auto. I do agree with buying the steering rack locally. I have seen it in stock. Thanks for the help