2005 1500 Quad Cab 4x4 fuse box question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmguygonemopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L hemi
Hello to all. I am new to the forum so I apologize if my questions are redundant to you. 3 yrs. ago I bought a 2005 QC w/5.7L. Was unaware of the fuse box/pcm issues with these trucks at the time. The only symptom I have is the wipers seem to have a mind of their own on inter. mode. May not be related to fuse box issue. I'm considering selling the truck because of the lack of new replacement parts. I like the truck Ok other than that. Questions:
1. How many of these trucks actually have this problem? Reading these forums it seems widespread. Yet, I know a few people that own these trucks and they have had no problems. 2. Is the problem regional? I live in Oregon where we don't salt the roads. I wonder if that contributes to the corrosion problem. 3. How hard is it to find good, working, used parts? 4.Would it be a good idea to remove wiring from fuse box, clean contacts and coat with dielectric grease as a prevention measure or would that be asking for problems that don't currently exist? My truck has 85000 miles on it and should have plenty of good miles on it yet. Would like to hang on to it but don't want to have to deal with a potentially unsolvable problem down the road. Any help or info is appreciated. Thanks.

fastf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 1500 Quad Cab SLT Thunder road
Engine
A@B salvage Griffin Georgia/Mitchs Automotive Barnesville Ga.This stuff you need to talk toSkyramman he can tell you all about the computer stuff on the third gen Ram.Get with these two places if they don't have it they can put it on the national locator and find you what you need and ship it to you.