2007 1500quad cab 5.7 hemi fuel pump relay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donald Coleman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I need help please, my 07 ram with 5.7 hemi turns over but don’t crank just started this I do not hear fuel pump running and have determined it is not getting fuel through my troubleshooting. I cannot find any specific documentation of a fuel pump relay on my specific year only topics of other years having relay attached to the TIPM board underside of fuses, and everyone says to jumper fuse 7 and 25. This does not work on 2007 ( mine) and looking at bottom of circuit board there is nothing trembling anything like a relay. Does the 2007 year have a fuel pump relay and if so where is it located I am about to stop the tank to remove fuel pump to replace . Please advise

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I need help please, my 07 ram with 5.7 hemi turns over but don’t crank just started this I do not hear fuel pump running and have determined it is not getting fuel through my troubleshooting. I cannot find any specific documentation of a fuel pump relay on my specific year only topics of other years having relay attached to the TIPM board underside of fuses, and everyone says to jumper fuse 7 and 25. This does not work on 2007 ( mine) and looking at bottom of circuit board there is nothing trembling anything like a relay. Does the 2007 year have a fuel pump relay and if so where is it located I am about to stop the tank to remove fuel pump to replace . Please advise
Your 2007 model does not have a typical fuel pump relay. The fuel pump is controlled by an output in the TIPM.

If you do not hear the fuel pump running when you turn the ignition key to the Run position, at least make sure you have power to the pump before you drop the fuel tank.

Perform this test:

It's called the "FIST ON THE BOTTOM OF THE TANK" test. Bang on the bottom of the fuel tank while an assistant attempts to start the engine.

Next, disconnect the fuel pump connector from the top of the pump and check for power with at least a test light or a DVOM.

This can save you some time in your diagnostics and repairs. If you do not have power to the fuel pump then we know we need to get a scan tool connected to see if we can actuate the pump from the TIPM.

OP
OP
D

Donald Coleman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you for reply, I have tried the banging on bottom of tank and all other techniques I know from knowledge and passed experiences, I have been wrenching for over 45 years and on several different vehicle makes and models but have never ran across a vehicle without some type of physical relay or fuse for electric fuel pumps. Reason for dropping tank and replacing fuel pump is I purchased this truck used and found out later the dealer I bought it from had changed out the dash instrument cluster, deleted the check engine light and the vehicle has way more miles than odometer reads by about 75,000. So with age and mileage I believe the pump has went out especially how this happened, the truck ran good the day before and then the next day it won't crank. I had a 94 suburban that did the exact thing but I found and ruled out the relay and replaced the pump. I am just confused that I can't find a specific relay or fuse on this truck. Your thoughts are appreciated

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Thank you for reply, I have tried the banging on bottom of tank and all other techniques I know from knowledge and passed experiences, I have been wrenching for over 45 years and on several different vehicle makes and models but have never ran across a vehicle without some type of physical relay or fuse for electric fuel pumps. Reason for dropping tank and replacing fuel pump is I purchased this truck used and found out later the dealer I bought it from had changed out the dash instrument cluster, deleted the check engine light and the vehicle has way more miles than odometer reads by about 75,000. So with age and mileage I believe the pump has went out especially how this happened, the truck ran good the day before and then the next day it won't crank. I had a 94 suburban that did the exact thing but I found and ruled out the relay and replaced the pump. I am just confused that I can't find a specific relay or fuse on this truck. Your thoughts are appreciated

I would still check for power at the pump just to make sure. It's easy enough the reach the connector.