2008 Ram 1500 heater blows cold on driver side and hot on passenger side

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SteveJ1717

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
My 08 dodge ram heater only blows hot on passenger side. Driver side blows cold. I replaced the blend door above the blower motor (as previous owner had ripped it out) . Actuator for it also works. I recently also replaced the thermostat. Driver side still blows cool but passenger side is hot. Any ideas? Is there more actuators i need to look at? Or maybe flush the heater core? Thank you.

Milkman6453

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 ezb
and you think this is engine/performance related?

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
My 08 dodge ram heater only blows hot on passenger side. Driver side blows cold. I replaced the blend door above the blower motor (as previous owner had ripped it out) . Actuator for it also works. I recently also replaced the thermostat. Driver side still blows cool but passenger side is hot. Any ideas? Is there more actuators i need to look at? Or maybe flush the heater core? Thank you.
You're in the wrong section lol...admins should be able to move your post for better exposure.
Now, what you did not do is replace the blend door; you replaced the recirculation (recirc) door that switches between inside and outside air (************ to do, wasn't it lol?). Do you have single or dual zone climate control? Because that will determine if you have 1 or 2 actual blend doors you may need to replace.

OP
OP
S

SteveJ1717

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Haha damn my bad about being in the wrong section im new here. And it has single zone climate control. And i was thinking those other blend doors could be the problem but i wanted to get some insight before tearing my dash apart.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Yep one of the doors...by the service manual that requires pulling the dash. This is what you're in for:
Dodge-Ram-HVAC-Heater-Box-Complete_2048x2048.gif
Either a door or the solenoids that controls it

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshuarb87