2009 5.7 Won’t Turn over

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I will have to check the grounds. I did test the fuel pump itself and it is not coming on at all :( I think the FP is bad.

Have to drop the tank for that which is going to suck. I bypassed the FP relay and powered pump directly and got nothing.

2009 QCSB 4WD - Not Stock [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dropping the tank is really easy. I think it was two 16 mm nuts, fill hose, vent hose. A couple wires and the fuel line to get it off. Then reverse.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I see you got it fixed good deal.

OP
OP
RAMTRPR

RAMTRPR

"Enjoy The Little Things"
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
329 for part
300 labor
Warranty is for part and if something goes wrong because of their install then all is covered.

I thought it would be easy to drop the tank but my truck had a small 4.5 tank on top of the OEM tank because of the truck being a fleet vehicle. I even have a block heater because the truck was from Canada, and DRL’s as well.

I happy to be back on the road and if I can get 200k out of this pump that would be awesome. ThAt means my motor has to make it to 425k. Not sure that’s going to happen.

RammerHarder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
329 for part
300 labor
Warranty is for part and if something goes wrong because of their install then all is covered.

I thought it would be easy to drop the tank but my truck had a small 4.5 tank on top of the OEM tank because of the truck being a fleet vehicle. I even have a block heater because the truck was from Canada, and DRL’s as well.

I happy to be back on the road and if I can get 200k out of this pump that would be awesome. ThAt means my motor has to make it to 425k. Not sure that’s going to happen.

425k would be the first hemi i know of to make it that far... wouldn`t THAT be AWESOME...!!!

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Glad you got it figured out. Sounds like these fuel pumps are strong to last that long! I just noticed my ram is feom canada, and has the block heater (5.7 Hemi). But my truck does not have DRL. Very weird.