2009 ram 1500 st... is this a decent deal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

djm4rshm2llow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
Ive never purchased a car from a dealership before. I have a few questions and if you guys have any words of wisdom that would be great.

Heres the truck:

Used 2009 Ram 1500 For Sale | Slidell LA

Im aware st is the basic model. I realized yesterday that this thing doesnt even have cruise control. I LOVE cruise control. How much does it cost to get the dealership to throw it in?

The one I am looking at is a v6. Is the v6 that bad? I will have to tow my boat trailer every once in a while but its not a huge boat.

I have looked all over the place and dont see carpet to put in this thing. Should i search a different body model to find it?

Are those the stock wheels?

I think thats about it for questions about the truck, besides if yall think this is a decent deal. I think I am gonna go in there and try to get out of there with it taxes included for 13. Think thats a reasonable expectation?

Thanks in advance guys.

lone12star

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think that's not that bad of a price, I'd try and get it to 12 with the mileage and model it is. Those are the stock 20's for the previous generation. And since its a base it has the rubber/plastic like floor board I believe. What size boat are you towing?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

HAMMER77777

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Ive never purchased a car from a dealership before. I have a few questions and if you guys have any words of wisdom that would be great.

Heres the truck:

Used 2009 Ram 1500 For Sale | Slidell LA

Im aware st is the basic model. I realized yesterday that this thing doesnt even have cruise control. I LOVE cruise control. How much does it cost to get the dealership to throw it in?

The one I am looking at is a v6. Is the v6 that bad? I will have to tow my boat trailer every once in a while but its not a huge boat.

I have looked all over the place and dont see carpet to put in this thing. Should i search a different body model to find it?

Are those the stock wheels?

I think thats about it for questions about the truck, besides if yall think this is a decent deal. I think I am gonna go in there and try to get out of there with it taxes included for 13. Think thats a reasonable expectation?

Thanks in advance guys.

Well, go to kbb.com and then u can get the value for the truck (u can plug in all he info., like miles, features, etc.). Then demand of the salesman to see IN WRITING how much his dealership paid for the car when they bought her from the original owner. Then u offer $500 over That Number. No reason for the dealership to make over $500.:)

OP
OP
D

djm4rshm2llow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
I think that's not that bad of a price, I'd try and get it to 12 with the mileage and model it is. Those are the stock 20's for the previous generation. And since its a base it has the rubber/plastic like floor board I believe. What size boat are you towing?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

18ft mastercraft prostar

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Well, go to kbb.com and then u can get the value for the truck (u can plug in all he info., like miles, features, etc.). Then demand of the salesman to see IN WRITING how much his dealership paid for the car when they bought her from the original owner.
LOL if I was the salesman and you demanded that of me I'd tell you to go pound sand. What they paid isn't any of our business, as much as we'd like it to be our business.

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
The advice about checking KBB is good as it will tell you an average price for the area you live in. I'd start low and let them work you up a bit to 13K. If they will fix the front fascia above the bumper I'd personally be happier with the truck.

OP
OP
D

djm4rshm2llow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
The advice about checking KBB is good as it will tell you an average price for the area you live in. I'd start low and let them work you up a bit to 13K. If they will fix the front fascia above the bumper I'd personally be happier with the truck.

Thanks man I appreciate it.

statefan21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I bought an 09 slt fully loaded 5.7 Hemi w 60000 miles on it last July for 20000 out the door.. So you be the judge

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
if thats what your looking to spend, i would rather have a 3rd gen hemi then a 4th gen v6.

HemiRoar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
if thats what your looking to spend, i would rather have a 3rd gen hemi then a 4th gen v6.

I agree. Lots of 3G's around with similar or slightly higher mileage, also..HEMI

OutlawTrucker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I'd walk on that one. You can get a brand new RCSB express with the hemi for roughly 21-23k after rebates and all. Plus it having 70k miles. And a v6?? Nadda chance. You will have hemi envy after you buy it.

That v6 is gonna get as bad if not worse than the hemi. I'd let that pony run....

HAMMER77777

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
LOL if I was the salesman and you demanded that of me I'd tell you to go pound sand. What they paid isn't any of our business, as much as we'd like it to be our business.

Are u crazy? Of course it's my business. I've had dealers refuse to Tell me and i refuse to buy from them. But some dealers DO show it, and I'll work with them. Just like u can demand to see an invoice from a new car dealer, u can ask a used car salesman to show what he paid. If he's desperate enough to make the sale, he'll show it. If not, he can **** himself. Dealers are such crooks, they make lawyers and politicians look honest. So i rip them up all i can.:superhack:

DisturbedGator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
as others have stated I would go for earlier years or if your stuck on a 4th gen i would keep looking

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Are u crazy? Of course it's my business. I've had dealers refuse to Tell me and i refuse to buy from them. But some dealers DO show it, and I'll work with them. Just like u can demand to see an invoice from a new car dealer, u can ask a used car salesman to show what he paid. If he's desperate enough to make the sale, he'll show it. If not, he can **** himself. Dealers are such crooks, they make lawyers and politicians look honest. So i rip them up all i can.:superhack:
I'm not crazy, I've been a retail salesman for 18 years, well I guess that might actually be proof of insanity.
You keep using that word demand.
You do know that new car dealers don't have to show you a vehicles invoice right? That's why there are online services (like Edmunds or Truecar) that will try to estimate the dealer cost and help you make an informed negotiating stance.
Some dealers will buy some goodwill with customers by showing them the "invoice" and even that isn't the price that a dealer has into a car or truck.
Demanding to be lied to in order to start negotiating is a false panacea that will just make it that much easier for a dealer to get in your pocket.

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
I think the v6 would be a complete dog in the quad cab version. If you are buying a truck with a loan I wouldn't settle because it's what you can afford once you realize you messed up and can't live with the truck your stuck unless you put a lot of cash on it. If you want cruise get it. I think you should atleast get a 4.7l. As far as price I don't know prices in your area but in Texas that's expensive in my opinion. I think for 13-15 I think you can get a 4.7l slt quad cab with 60k on the clock. In a 3rd gen you should be able to get the hemi. My buddy just bought a 08 reg cab sport with 70k on the clock for 12900.

RyanJM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express RC Black Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's a little high to me. I picked up a 09 Big Horn hemi with 90k miles in great condition with ram boxes for $14500 tax, tag, and title.

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi

i have news for you, the number those dealers are showing you is not what they paid. its what they want you to think they paid. but hey, whatever helps you sleep at night.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine