2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie AC Cool not Cold

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cwhite7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello, wanted to see if there’s anything I’m missing. My 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie has 200k. The AC had a small leak and it was coming from the compressor. I did some major rehab because of other issues. Things I replaced:

AC Compressor and orings
Expansion valve and o rings
Drier filter and o rings
Replaced high and low side schrader valves
Cleaned evaporator, no cab filter
Replaced blower motor, old one was loud
Replaced blend door for temp control, old one went out

I vacuumed out ac lines and tested for leak, no leak.
Ran vacuum for an hour, sealed and then filled with 26 oz of Freon.

I feel like the air isn’t very cold and doesn’t blow super hard.

Am I missing something? Anything I can troubleshoot?

Thank you for any help!

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If gauges read good ect it sounds like you have a blend door issue the motors fail often not to hard to change. Hook up a good scan tool most the time it will tell you what one. For me the one behind where the climate controls are failed a few times air wouldnt blow hard.

OP
OP
C

cwhite7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If gauges read good ect it sounds like you have a blend door issue the motors fail often not to hard to change. Hook up a good scan tool most the time it will tell you what one. For me the one behind where the climate controls are failed a few times air wouldnt blow hard.
I forgot that part, I did replace 2 blend doors behind the radio. So 3 in total. Made sure they were calibrated right. So everything changes temperature correctly and also changes between all the vents right.

If I measure the high and low for the ac, is there something to look for? Or a way to see if the radiator is clogged? Idk lol. I feel like Ive replaced so much. It should be perfect. It is way better. Just seems lackluster

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I forgot that part, I did replace 2 blend doors behind the radio. So 3 in total. Made sure they were calibrated right. So everything changes temperature correctly and also changes between all the vents right.

If I measure the high and low for the ac, is there something to look for? Or a way to see if the radiator is clogged? Idk lol. I feel like Ive replaced so much. It should be perfect. It is way better. Just seems lackluster
What are the pressure readings? At what temperature? At what humidity? Did yo use PAG 46 oil?

OP
OP
C

cwhite7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What are the pressure readings? At what temperature? At what humidity? Did yo use PAG 46 oil?
Yes. I’d have to get the pressure readings, but I bought a thermometer and it’s pushing 48 degrees. I used PAG 46 Oil. The air duct is just not a strong blow. I’m gonna use a scope to see if I can see inside it