2011 1500 Bluetooth issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boondog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey all, some info. 2011 ram 1500 sport with u-connect. I recently upgraded my phone from a galaxy s9+ to a galaxy s23+. I would stream spotify nearly every day with the s9+ and it worked fine. When I connected the new s23 to my truck and tried to stream spotify it plays in like a doubled speed or a faster speed and skips a lot. I dont believe its the phone as I've tried it with several Bluetooth speaters and they all work just fine. Is there anybody else with this issue?

Sorry if it's alreany been discussed somewhere. I tried searching and didn't find anything.

Thanks

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
It might need an update, what radio do you have? if it is a RBZ, RHB, RES and NOT an RER or RHR. (look at the code on the lower right by the aux port)

Do a google search for

2011 Uconnect SW update info

There is a post on another forum that talks about the updates and has links to the file needed, I "think" there are two, but read thru it to be sure

OP
OP
Boondog

Boondog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you. I will have to check it out in the morning and see if it is any of the ones you listed. So updates are something we can do ourselves and not need a dealer?

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Yeah, when new phones come out they can be incompatible with the existing Uconnect system. I ran into this years ago when I got a very new model phone. Ram hadn't released an update yet so I was kind of screwed for a while. IIRC it took nearly a year before it would work right. As for updates, I know I've gotten them automatically (presumably through the 3g) but am not sure if you have that on a 2011 - mine is a 2014.

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
Thank you. I will have to check it out in the morning and see if it is any of the ones you listed. So updates are something we can do ourselves and not need a dealer?

Yes - you can do it yourself, I did mine without issues

OP
OP
Boondog

Boondog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It might need an update, what radio do you have? if it is a RBZ, RHB, RES and NOT an RER or RHR. (look at the code on the lower right by the aux port)

Do a google search for

2011 Uconnect SW update info

There is a post on another forum that talks about the updates and has links to the file needed, I "think" there are two, but read thru it to be sure
Ok, finally got around to looking into this more. It has RBZ on the lower corner and according to driveuconnectdotcom, after entering my Vin, it says my system is up to date.

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
Ok, finally got around to looking into this more. It has RBZ on the lower corner and according to driveuconnectdotcom, after entering my Vin, it says my system is up to date.

Good deal, I'm out of ideas then, only thing I could think of, hopefully someone else on here has something.

OP
OP
Boondog

Boondog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Good deal, I'm out of ideas then, only thing I could think of, hopefully someone else on here has something.
Apprecite it! I'll keep trying to figure it out. If not I guess I'll get one of those fm transmitter things and use it that way.