2011 engine and transmission swap questions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dradon.day

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I drive a 2011 Dodge Ram Laramie with a 5.7 hemi with 220,000 on. Lookin for answers and help, over the course of a year I’ve had to replace and transmission and I’ve spent roughly $1,000+ on engine work to try figure out why I have a bad cylinder 1 misfire, changed plugs, coils, took it to a shop and had the injectors changed, and still nothing, then wouldn’t you know it my transmission starts throw codes again, it’s starting to loose pressure internally, overheating with city and highway driving, it also stalls out when coming to a stop or when accelerating to hard I have a hard jerk or it almost feels like transmission slippage. So I’ve been thinking about buying a salvageable mpi write off and taking the transmission and engine from the write off and putting it in my truck. My question is does it have to be the same year as my truck? Could I put a 2009-2014 engine and transmission in my truck? Will everything bolt into place? Is there anything I should be worried about with the computer?

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Mega Cab 4x4
Engine
6.7L
You could run a 09-2012. 13+ was a completely new wiring system.