2012 Chrysler Town and Country stopped running

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nlambert182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
My mother in law has a 2012 T&C with the 3.6. It's been a great van for her up until yesterday. As she and my FIL were headed to a doc appointment it shut off in the street. Now it will only crank, but will not run.

His first reaction was fuel pump, but I am not sure that's the case. It seems like Chrysler had TIPM issues somewhere around that time where the fuel pump relay would stick. It also seems like there was a jumper from the M25 fuse to a keyed on fuse (like cigarette lighter) that would resolve the issue without having to replace the TIPM. So... if this is what is really wrong (I'm going to go over and test it today) then the fix is easy.

However, has anyone suffered from the car just dying while driving from this issue? I thought that most just had problems with it not starting from the off position.

I just want to verify before I start chasing my tail. They're on a fixed income and a TIPM replacement is quite an expensive repair. If I can fix it for them quickly and cheaply, I'd prefer to go that route. The van is probably going to be worn out in another year or so.