2014 8sp - 12.41 @ 109.44MPH N/A

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Lol you have heavier lights?

Yea, though it's only a few pounds. The projectors are a heavier though. I'm just using that as an extreme example of how the difference in trim levels adds up to a significant weight difference.

Even something as simple as a hitch is a big deal on weight.

Someone needs to be eating more salads---:):)
Jay

Pssssht, I used to weigh 280 when I was really fat. Best case scenerio for me is maybe 220.

I weigh 150 lbs. Everybody has always commented on my weight, that I am too skinny. I'm not too skinny, I'm just built for drag racing. Lol

Built for motorcycle racing is more like it lol.

Paluby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Awesome to hear Matt!! Come spring time it's on again :naughty: in the meantime lots of snowmobiling to do :roflsquared:

OP
OP
Hemi450hp

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Awesome to hear Matt!! Come spring time it's on again :naughty: in the meantime lots of snowmobiling to do :roflsquared:

I didnt think you would come out of hibernation until at least April. :roflsquared:

Next year is going to bring some big changes for the 8sp trucks.

Paluby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I didnt think you would come out of hibernation until at least April. :roflsquared:

Next year is going to bring some big changes for the 8sp trucks.

Haha, I've been checking in every so often but I'm gone all weekend every weekend right now with sleds. Good times. You ever make your way up here I've got one you can ride :happy107:

April will be me gearing up with some more truck goodies haha. My poor wife :emotions122:

Walker345

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I can't wait for next year. I'm hoping there will be more trucks in my area to race at the track! So all these things y'all are removing to get the weight down, about how long does it take to remove and put back on? I'll have to drive mine to work Monday morning! Lol

OP
OP
Hemi450hp

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
I can't wait for next year. I'm hoping there will be more trucks in my area to race at the track! So all these things y'all are removing to get the weight down, about how long does it take to remove and put back on? I'll have to drive mine to work Monday morning! Lol

Tailgate and spare tire only take about 5-10 minutes for both. Passenger seat takes 5-10 minutes if you have the full center console or about 10-15 minutes if you have the jumper seat in the middle. Front swaybar can be a headache because the front endlinks are a pain to remove. I would actually consider getting a set of aftermarket end links from the parts store as they are much easier to remove.

Having said all that, you can always still drive to work on Monday without all these parts removed...unless you have a passenger you ride with.

Gary's Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Tailgate and spare tire only take about 5-10 minutes for both. Passenger seat takes 5-10 minutes if you have the full center console or about 10-15 minutes if you have the jumper seat in the middle. Front swaybar can be a headache because the front endlinks are a pain to remove. I would actually consider getting a set of aftermarket end links from the parts store as they are much easier to remove.

Having said all that, you can always still drive to work on Monday without all these parts removed...unless you have a passenger you ride with.

An impact, a 15 mm & a 18 mm socket makes getting the pass. seat out quick & easy. Lol But that is once the jump seat out the way though

Last edited:

Walker345

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I havnt looked too deep because I hadn't really wanted to remove my tailgate yet. But as far as the back up camera wires are they a pain? Or have I just not found a simple plug yet? Also, if I'm on the ****** stock goodyears that come on the 17s wouldn't removing weight over the rear tires be less advantageous?..one more question I have the..steel?(ugliest/cheapest) 17 inch wheels, but I just bought a set of the sst 17s will there be much of a weight difference between the two?

Saseacasea

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Very impressive! Still has more in her though!!

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I havnt looked too deep because I hadn't really wanted to remove my tailgate yet. But as far as the back up camera wires are they a pain? Or have I just not found a simple plug yet? Also, if I'm on the ****** stock goodyears that come on the 17s wouldn't removing weight over the rear tires be less advantageous?..one more question I have the..steel?(ugliest/cheapest) 17 inch wheels, but I just bought a set of the sst 17s will there be much of a weight difference between the two?

The plug connection for the camera/lock is easy to get to,it's on the body of the truck about the middle of the tailgate,if you crawl under the truck,you'll see it easily. Unplug it and then unclip it and push it out of the hole while the tailgate is up. If it's your first time taking the tailgate off,have 2 people on it,as they seem to be sticky as hell to remove the first time,and could take a good tug to get off the pivot. I put a smear of synthetic grease on mine ,and it helps removal slightly. The aluminium 17" rims are lighter then the steel 17" rims
Tailgate with camera and power lock is about 65lbs by my bathroom scale

Last edited: