2014 Express vs Big horn ride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

desant89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Go here: Ram Trucks - Contact Us

Click on "Equipment Listing" on the left.
Enter the VIN for each truck and get the build sheet. Whatever's different will show up there.

I compared them. Both say heavy duty shocks, and 4 springs. A lot of good information in there though. Just cannot tell which springs mine has vs his. If it were just springs, I'd change mine. Same for if it were shocks.

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
Compair the gvw of they are the same your springs are the same, my express is 3900/3900 and 6900 total gvw.

OP
OP
D

desant89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well now that I got to really drive it more today, I noticed a vibration that got worse the faster I went. Seems like that is making the ride worse. Tires were put on last week. Maybe they did not balance correctly. That will be checked this week. For some reason it just don't feel like it's normal balance problem though. Seems related to the ride somehow.

OP
OP
D

desant89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Found out that my rear springs are different in the big horn. I have the part numbers. Fronts are the same, and so are the shocks.

Would anyone bother putting the express springs in or are there some aftermarket springs that may make more sense to give it a softer ride?

smurfs_of_war

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Found out that my rear springs are different in the big horn. I have the part numbers. Fronts are the same, and so are the shocks.

Would anyone bother putting the express springs in or are there some aftermarket springs that may make more sense to give it a softer ride?

You won't do any hauling with this at all? Reason I ask is because the RAM coils already cripple the payload and hauling capacity- softening them up even more will just make it worse.
If you don't haul, then nevermind- I will go back to my corner :)

OP
OP
D

desant89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You won't do any hauling with this at all? Reason I ask is because the RAM coils already cripple the payload and hauling capacity- softening them up even more will just make it worse.
If you don't haul, then nevermind- I will go back to my corner :)

Most I will have in there is my ATV which is about 800 pounds. That will not ne often at all. Maybe twice a year. Other than that, not much. 99% of the time it will be empty so the ride is important to me. Just wondering if I should go with his springs or an aftermarket that may ride even better...

lilzilla2008

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Kind of apples to oranges but my gf's 14 big horn rides better than my rcsb black express, even at stock height it did. Now i know its 2 different cabs and that 4 doors do ride better but wow it was a nice difference. Not sure if her big horn has air ride though.