2014 R/T and Express Leather seat question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brody57

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys I was curious if anyone has tried to put the power leather seats from an R/T into the express. I would think the express and R/T bodies would have the same hookups but I wasn't sure. My truck is a 2014 RCSB Black Edition. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

OP
OP
Brody57

Brody57

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Also, Would it just be easier to go with Katzkin? I was more interested in the power seat feature than the leather but I would also like the leather as well.

SuperTrooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There's connectors under the seat. I'm thinking maybe the wiring for the power seat function is there, but would maybe just need to be activated by a dealer flag.

OP
OP
Brody57

Brody57

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There's connectors under the seat. I'm thinking maybe the wiring for the power seat function is there, but would maybe just need to be activated by a dealer flag.

That's kind of what I was thinking as well but I wasn't for sure. Id really like to have the power leather but if I cant have power it wouldn't kill me.

14RamRod

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
This is what I want too. Except I really want leather too. I'm 5'10 and I find the seat position to be a little to low

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kcbigbadram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
I went from a bighorn with cloth and only power drivers seat, to laramie seats with both having power. In my 2012 all the hookups were already under the seat, all I had to do was plug them in and they worked.

OP
OP
Brody57

Brody57

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I went from a bighorn with cloth and only power drivers seat, to laramie seats with both having power. In my 2012 all the hookups were already under the seat, all I had to do was plug them in and they worked.

This is what Im hoping for. Once I get the seats Ill let everyone know how it turns out.

hunter99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
On the express I am pretty sure the hookups are there. When I was up some wiring diagrams a while back I did not see any difference in the main harness the seats plug into. When I was searching I did not use my VIN as that could have only showed what's on the sport models.

I also am pretty sure that the seats do not need to be flashed. The reason is they simply need power as the motors and such are all in the seats itself. I cannot see any reason the controller would need to run back through the body control module. Further prof is I am adding heated/ cooled seats and steering wheel to my R/T. For them to work nothing. Needs to be done other than to have the right parts and plug them in. They only need to be flashed for adjusting them via the display or activist based on temperature when remote starting. That tells me the computer flashing is for advanced functions not basic ones.

OP
OP
Brody57

Brody57

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On the express I am pretty sure the hookups are there. When I was up some wiring diagrams a while back I did not see any difference in the main harness the seats plug into. When I was searching I did not use my VIN as that could have only showed what's on the sport models.

I also am pretty sure that the seats do not need to be flashed. The reason is they simply need power as the motors and such are all in the seats itself. I cannot see any reason the controller would need to run back through the body control module. Further prof is I am adding heated/ cooled seats and steering wheel to my R/T. For them to work nothing. Needs to be done other than to have the right parts and plug them in. They only need to be flashed for adjusting them via the display or activist based on temperature when remote starting. That tells me the computer flashing is for advanced functions not basic ones.

sure appreciate the info! Im just going for power leather. I don't really care about the heated seats. Looks like Ill be buying some power leather in the near future!